Tampa General: great success with COVID-19 treatment, reduces hospital stays

That part is true.

That would be decided by a doctor and their patient. One size, so to speak, does not fit all!

JWK

Sure, but there is a recommendation somewhere.

Although Covid still spread in areas with mask mandates and/or shutdowns, how do we know that the spread wouldn’t have been worse WITHOUT those mandates in areas of dense population?

Same can be said about kids…and remote learning

this was. you can go all the way back to april of last year when people who were following the science said… open the damned schools and those playing on the politics of fear said… oh… the children. what exactly were we protecting them from? we already knew covid was not a danger to them

From the mountain of information I have studied, the consensus is, those who have recently been vaccinated for the Flu or Shingles should not get the vaccine. I do not recall coming across a timeline to avoid the vaccine under these conditions. I imagine your doctor could provide the answer.

JWK

It was to protect the teachers.

Where are you getting the shingles/flu thing?

Contraindications to mRNA COVID-19 vaccinationPfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccinesContraindications to either of the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines:Severe allergic reaction (e.g., anaphylaxis) after a previous dose of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine or to any of its componentsImmediate allergic reaction of any severity to a previous dose of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine or any of its components (including polyethylene glycol [PEG])*Immediate allergic reaction of any severity to polysorbate (due to potential cross-reactive hypersensitivity with the vaccine ingredient PEG)*Persons with an immediate allergic reaction to the first dose of an mRNA vaccine should not receive additional doses of either of the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines. * These persons should not receive mRNA COVID-19 vaccination at this time unless they have been evaluated by an allergist-immunologist and it is determined that the person can safely receive the vaccine (e.g. under observation, in a setting with advanced medical care available).

https://dsh.ca.gov/COVID-19/docs/Vaccination/COVID-19_Vaccines_Update_on_Allergic_Reactions_Contraindications_and_Precautions.pdf

The only contraindication I see is an allergic reaction from a previous dose of the same vaccine.

Define “recently”.

No. You don’t get to say that.

More readable?

1 Like

so mask them, social distance and put up plexi glass.

we also knew that children rarely spread covid when it was the alpha variant or the original wuhan

As I have stated, your doctor would be in a position to answer that particular question as related to your circumstances.

JWK

no, the same cannot be said. “what if” ain’t science. its paranoia

That could have been done.

And to take it back to Trump… I was saying this at the time… that if the goal was to get children into schools and how important that would be, the administration should have tasked the Dept of Education to interface with the CDC and HHS to come up with what it would take to get kids into schools and then work with Congress to allocate the funding needed to accomplish this.

The date of school starting was not sprung on people… we all knew it was coming.

Instead they did nothing and then complained when it didn’t happen.

Can’t have it both ways.

If I was conspiratorial… I would be talking about this as the reason that DeSantis is pushing Regeneron harder than the vaccines.

that is all false. the cdc website included at the time steps to be taken to reopen schools depending on community spread and money was made available to schools in the relief bills

talk as you wish. its time to put the focus and money on treatment

The money was for distance learning.

I think that it is better to get people to skip the part where they get sick in the first place.