Talk About Tone Deaf - Decoupling Starbucks

Democrats are responsible for China becoming the world’s manufacturing center. That’s your theory?

Breaking news: This has nothing to do with Trump (except as a TDS issue, of course!)

2 Likes

This is a good post. You make an interesting point about being anti-american. If an American company is acting against the greater good of America should not the government be able to intervene?

I suppose the question is how do we define anti american?

The free market has to have boundaries, we cannot just say the market will always decide.

The United States decoupling from China has nothing to do with Trump? :laughing: :rofl:

Green bean casserole.

That made me smile. Thanks I needed that today.

That most certainly is the question.

I don’t have an answer.

China

Check your mirror. (TDS includes people who always defend him as well as those who always attack him.)

What is the purpose of the OP? You gave no narrative and just said they need to be boycotted.

What exactly is your problem with what Starbucks did and how do you propose to fix it?

1 Like

What should we do about all the other industries expanding into the China market? Should we lock out all trade with China? Boycott all companies that sell their products in China?

Certainly libs will.

:man_shrugging:

First sensible post in the thread!

Starbucks provides bitter, overpriced coffee but of course their main business is high calorie pseudo-coffee drinks.

As to operations in China… why would anyone who supports free market capitalism. Its not like they are violated the FCPA… nor are they enabling repression by the Chinese regime the way some of the major software platforms do.

1 Like

Neither do I. Its a complex issue and one fraught with problems and dangers.

Sometimes I yearn for the old days of the cold war. Everything seemed far simpler back then or perhaps I had a more simplisitic view of the world.

Crap, this makes my head hurt.

Why did they lose the working man vote? It’s just what we have seen in the elections not a theory but reality.

Do I really need to explain the difference between “selling their products to China” and “investing $130M in manufacturing processes in China” to you?

With 57,000 deaths from their bat ■■■■■

2 Likes

He said nothing of the sort.

Damn, you libs have problems following along!!

1 Like

Too vague

The OPer didn’t bring Trump into the conversation. The TDSers did.

Why are we bothered with 57,000 deaths. I thought the flu was more deadly?