Talk About Tone Deaf - Decoupling Starbucks

He doesn’t need your approval or your blessing. Did you think he should have run it by you first?

2 Likes

We the People.

From OP link

“Despite being in the Chinese market for more than 20 years and having approximately 4,300 stores there, Starbucks has not to this point operated a large-scale production roastery in the country, according to the company.”

So they’ve been there for 20 years and already have 4300 stores there, but now we’re outraged?

Lol. :coffee:

Let me be clear… I think China is generally a ■■■■ regime. However, unless we are saying China purposely unleashed this virus on us, I don’t see why it matters that Starbucks invested there today or next year.

Commerce has not stopped with China. Perhaps it has increased due to the pandemic.

Amazing. Simply astounding.

I thought you wanted business to get back to business?

1 Like

never said he did. stop projecting. it’s a discussion board, I asked a question.

Should I have run it by you first?

Investment is the preview to expansion.

And in future Starbucks will need to cut cost. Which roasting plant gets shut down first? American plants or Chinese?

2 Likes

What changed?

Is putting milk in a can and put it on a boat the same thing as moving the cow to China?

Perhaps. And perhaps it is time to change that.

Between the wife and I, we spent over $1,000/year with them. When the CEO said he’d hire 10,000 refugees in nothing more than to retaliate against Trump, I cut them off right then and right there. This only confirms I did the right thing. Say bye Felicia. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

China.

Who do you blame more for whats happening in the US with the pandemic, China or Trump?

:us: be my guess.

2 Likes

The media.

Thank you. Glad I could inform you.

Eagleman Murica 2

Yeah, this decision was probably planned and made last month. Things happen so quickly when dealing with China.

1 Like

He answer you.

Because I chose them.

It’s more of what left does.

Why do you carry a gun…because I can. It’s always a problem on left. because they don’t have control over it…for them that causes problem.

Sounds wise. Briefs well. Fits on a powerpoint slide and maybe even a bumper sticker.