Taliban on Trump withdrawal news: "We defeated world's lone super power"

It was a real hoot over there.

Apparently the battle for Afghanistan.

I wish someone would convert Trump to Islam. It’s the only way to destroy his death cult.

4 Likes

I stood in opposition to the invasion of Afghanistan back when the smoke was still rising in New York City. I oppose the invasion of Iraq from the beginning. I knew right then and was proved right that these boondoggles would go on forever.

As a comment to the Taliban, Vietnam did it first. :smile:

1 Like

True but the afgans have managed to do both Soviet and USA.

I supported ending these wars long before Trump entered the picture.

Vietnamese sent the Chinese, French and U.S. packing at one time or the other. :smile:

Afgans had the British and Alexander the great among other screaming for their mommies…oh God what if the Vietnamese and adghan join forces…the world would be screweed ;p

1 Like

The Battle for Afghanistan. General Trump Commanding.

2 Likes

What’s your point?

Actually, it should be “how would leveling many places in Afghanistan even be noticed?”

It is possible to lose all the battles, yet win the war.

“You will kill 10 of our men, and we will kill 1 of yours, and in the end it will be you who tire of it.”

Ho Chi Minh

And he was proven correct in the end.

2 Likes

To this day the military doctrine of the ChiComs has them perfectly willing to lose huge numbers of their people.

When you’re facing a foe with superior technology or a tactical situation that makes war of manuever impossible then attrition is your only avenue out.

Westerners have done it, too.

Petersburg Campaign, US Civil War
Every Western Front WWI battle from 1915-1917
Leningrad, WWII
Stalingrad, WWII
Okinawa, WWII
Iwo Jima, WWII

And many others.

Comment reminded me of a line from Blackadder Goes Fourth when Blackadder mentions to Melchett what he perceives to be the underlying Grand Stragety of killing everyone till only Field Marshall Haig, his wife and their dog survive.

Melchett is horrified to learn that the plan has leaked out.

Taliban have been winning territory all year.

They were born in holding out vs the Russians, it’s what they do.

I hope Trump orders the Poppy fields burned to ashes before we leave.

It’s not worth engaging. It’s CEC buzz words and non-debate style tactics.

We arent the ones who went into Iraq now were we?
May have helped vote for it but it wasnt our brain child.

And in the context of history most people supported going into Afghanistan at the time because it made sense.

Bin Laden fled Afghanistan before most of U.S military stepped foot in the country, the war has always been about stabilizing the country to remove a friendly terrorist state.