Sweden's government said "no lockdown." The result?

But having tens of thousands of people in close proximity yelling, shouting, burning, looting, beating, and killing is fine right? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Those polls worked out well in 2016 too didn’t they? :grin:

Boston, NYC and Minneapolis have seen sustained protests for more than a month. Are cases trending up in these cities?

Now what about all the cities and states where governors decided to play chicken with a plague, encouraging close contact, inside behaviors like drinking in bars?

LOL! Well heck! Let’s throw off our freedoms because “I have heard more than one expert say…”

Maybe the heat from the fires kills the virus.

Show me where the polls in 2016 were wrong. There were multiple polls that were very close predicting the margin of the popular vote that Clinton won. Remember that Trump won the EC by a razor thin margin. Less then 1% in three states made him president. I will continue to pay attention to some polls like five-thrity-eight because they have proved reliable.

Here is a story of a guy who didn’t listen to the experts and is now dead.
So you will ignore the experts when it comes to your health because you think it takes away your freedoms?

Who’s mistake? The people holding the rally or those going to it knowing the conditions?

If they reopen movie theatres with no restrictions, I go, catch it, who do I blame? No one to blame but myself.

2 Likes

And then you go visit your grandparents and your grandfather gets the virus and dies. Yup, nobody to blame but yourself.

This could also be due to the virus burning through those cities already and is just now moving south. I’m interested to see what happens in NJ now that we have outdoor seating at bars without masks.

My grandparents? Hell, I’m a toll collector, I can give it to a lot of people.

I’m certainly not absolving the individual of responsibility. But every venue you go to has certain responsibilities. A bar can’t keep serving you alcohol after you’re drunk. A restaurant must abide by food safety laws. A concert hall has certain limitations on attendees.

In today’s pandemic…is it wise to plan an event where you don’t mandate masks and pack the people in like sardines into a tight indoor environment for hours? That is perfectly fine in your book and the only responsibility is on the person attending?

So I guess you have no problem with people continuing a big wedding reception. After all, the attendees make the decision.

You have no problems with the BLM protests. After all, the attendees make the decision.

You refuse to hold ANY organization responsible if their plans result in people gettin infected because the individuals make the decision to attend or not.

Seriously, that is messed up, I can only hope your political blinders are clouding your judgement.

You’re never going to convince those who use “2016!” as a mantra to dismiss current numbers. Good on ya for trying, though.

I just hope the Democrats learned from 2016. Clinton’s campaign strategy was deeply flawed, and that’s putting it mildly.

Actually no. My comments were not based on politics what so ever. But your examples were poor. Someone drunk isn’t thinking clearly. The concert hall or safety laws are expectations people already have going in. Remove those expectations and people probably wouldn’t be too quick to go to a restaurant that ignored all safety laws.

I was mainly referring to the individual, not the overall picture in regards to worsening the pandemic.

1 Like

I said at the time that her choice of Tim Kane was a mistake. If she had chosen someone like Sherrod Brown I think she would have done better in the rust belt. I don’t think that the DNC will overlook those districts that she lost in that region. What is encouraging is that the Trump campaign is spending money in states that were solid wins for Trump back then.

I would be interested in knowing what your company has done to address the virus.

Expectations and laws are based on decades of experience understanding what risks are present and how to mitigate those risks.

With something new like Covid, we don’t have the years of experience. We don’t have the laws in place so it is incumbent on the organizers of these events to consider the risks accordingly. That is what a good host would do.

You’re right when considering the effects it will have on other people not making a poor choice. Again, I was strictly considering the individual.

Thanks. Hopefully we are closer in mind than initially.

What do you want to know? Our booths are never cleaned or sanitized. A person comes every day to empty the garbage can, that’s it. We are required to wear masks, that’s it. But if no one is in my lane, I am not required to have the mask on. If I’m on break or my lane is shut down, I am not required to wear a mask. Make no mistake, if any of us have the virus it is on all of our money.

If we go on vacation they’ll ask us where we went. If the answer is to a hotspot, we get a two week vacation with pay. But of course we don’t know where those locations are.

If you have a doctors note that states you cannot wear a mask for an extended period of time you are off with pay until the entire pandemic is over. How sweet is that? We have about two dozen collectors still out since March 24th for that very reason.