Sweden herd immunity? Doesn’t look like it

from their fascist governor… yes

All of this shows why we can’t have nice things.

1 Like

Sure, we could just submit and be patted on the head and given presents.

It’s The American Way.

1 Like

Don’t get me started on auto-correct. :sweat_smile:

Does anyone know when the international Covid mortality competition concludes?

I would like to get some bets on China before the final buzzer. They seem to have an insider working the score.

1 Like

It’s only a U.S. thing.

The virus is going to adapt so it can survive.

I doubt a vaccine will be able to keep up with the mutations.

There is a lot of debate about masks and throwing blame around if you do or don’t wear one. If you social distance, if you don’t.

Yet, very little has been discussed about what individuals can do to arm themselves.

Vitamin D. Vitamin C. Zinc.

For example, what if you take too much vitamin D because you were never deficient in the first place?

If you do get COVID what should you have as an arsenal in your pantry? Maybe because you won’t get admitted to a hospital?

Now what.

Is anyone talking about things like this? Why is it just the debate over masks seeming to be the end all? Then, you’re on your own.

Everyone seems to be looking to a vaccine.

IMO, that is like being hungry so you do a McDonalds drive through.

Having a frail and old population puts an contender at a considerable disadvantage.

No…we mistrusted the monarchy.

Then we formed a government, that answers to the people.

Sure, there have always been rebels for a variety of reasons…but when we broke through after WW2 as the world’s leader, and cemented that with our economic and military dominance, people trusted and believed in our systems. That lasted til about 1981…then we had the Republican party run on the idea that government is the problem. 40 years later…here we are.

1 Like

Except it didn’t and doesn’t.

None of the rest of that is true.

3 Likes

Unless one if deficient in any of these, and eats absolute crap…they will not do anything. Except make one’s urine bright, and be out a few dollars.

1 Like

Run on the idea that Government doesn’t work and then elected and prove it to be true.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Isn’t that what I just expounded upon?

Wear a mask yet what about beyond that?

Oh…we were, and are far from perfect. But there was faith and belief in the system, with the goal of becoming a more perfect union, and continuing to improve it.

Republicans have made it their goal to dismantle the system that was created under FDR, and those that followed, including Eisenhower.

Sadly, it is working. Propaganda works.

1 Like

Was the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution before or after 1981? The Church Commission? JFK’s assassination (anniversary today btw)? Watergate? The Lend Lease Act?

The Whiskey Rebellion? Suspension of habeus corpus by Lincoln? Marbury v Madison?

Teapot Dome? Railroad seizures?

2 Likes

Create intractable culture wars and divide the nation for the benefit of rich.

Worked out super well.

1 Like

Arming one with vitamins to fight Covid is pointless. You said that should be part of the discussion. I was discussing my opinion.

Indeed. Culture wars. Damn that Reagan and his public accommodation laws!

1 Like

There was childlike naivete and control of information.

2 Likes

So masks are the answer. Vitamin D, C, Zinc are not relevant.