Suprising lack of stock market threads

I see your of the thought that this is all Biden’s fault…ok well I can’t help that.

For your portfolio hang tight, volatility while ugly will pass

Were saying the same when the stock market crashed previously?

Allan

Impact differs depending how close to retirement you are.

1 Like

Hold on. Market will eventually go up…

Allan

I am buying today…

Allan

Some people are old enough to need to draw down, not always a choice.

No one should ever have money in the stock market that they’ll need to use in the next five years.

Not before I had planned to retire. And if it weren’t for Bidenflation eating up 200% at least of the 6% raise I got this year, I’d be taking advantage of the big dip(and I don’t mean Joe here) and buying like crazy.

Bidenflation…. Another unfortunate coincidence poor Joe Will unfairly get blamed for, right?

2 Likes

Not everyone can afford that level of caution, a lot of late retirement planners out there.

2 Likes

Give it time

The market is already recovering from the shock of this morning but it’s gonna be choppy for a while

True. The retirement savings statistics in this country are scary.

Tell me about it, I am supporting elderly parents who didn’t save squat. They had new cars to buy. Can’t complain too hard though, the condo I bought them has doubled in value so far.

I’m in my mid-40s, and practically none of my friends have any sort of retirement savings. People have a really hard time seeing themselves accurately in the future. They think they’ll just work forever.

A lot of people just don’t get the concept of having money work for you instead of working for money. Have to have that new 70k pick up instead. I’ll take the 71 CK/10 myself.

1 Like

It’ll get excused away. It’s a result of JoeMentia. So … not-guilty-by-reason-of-insanity.

Trump made the people wealthy …

The combo of overconfidence and ignorance on the subject of retirement savings is astounding.

2 Likes

They didn’t really teach personal finance in public school.

1 Like

Ha. We had the stock market picking game, which is like the antithesis of good financial wellness.

Interestingly Secure Act 2.0 (which may pass into law this year) is taking the Nudge concept of switching individual 401k enrollment and 1% annual uptick from opt-in to opt-out and making it a requirement for employers offering 401k’s to adopt this approach.

I actually don’t like the approach for everyone - lower income people who work for companies with bad 401k plans would benefit more from a Roth IRA…