Supreme Court opens door to allow massive flood of foreign nationals to jump border

What do you think he should do?

That’s not true:

https://brigittegabriel.com/news/trump-border-policies-slowed-illegal-crossings-border-security-expert-concludes

1 Like

What you offered is a OP-Ed on a pro-Trump website quoting a pro-Trump person who is part of the pro-Trump Heritage Foundation. It would be easy for me to post a equal number of articles from pro-Biden sites and saying it is fact.

Put every one of these border jumpers into detentions camps until they can be judged for “expedited removal”.

JWK

I agree on the law. Is this not being done?

Border Patrol Agents confirm the flow was down to a trickle. Are you calling them liars?

1. Continue to build the wall.
  2. Tell the countries where the people are coming from to help put a stop to it from their end or cut off foriegn aid and economic relations with them.
  3. Annonce to the world that the US is shutting down its Asylum system until the backlog of millions of existing claims are cleared up. Instruct the people in those countries that thete are many othet geographically closer countries they can go to as well who offer asylum.
  4. Actually deport the people who come here illegally! How would someone feel if they spent thousands of dollars to come to the US only to end up back in the country they came from!

This is from the link I posted:

Another good policy, Ries said, “was the agreements that the Trump administration made with the governments of Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala.”

Trump, Ries said, told the countries they had to help stem the tide of illegal immigrants if they wanted to continue receiving taxpayer dollars from the U.S.

That is not going to happen. The wall would take 99 years to build at a cost that will be pushed into the trillions. And it has already been proven that the majority of illegal crossings happen at the border crossings. Not to mention the over 100 law suits that the land owners along the border in Texas are ready to file.

Which statements are false then? Also here’s another:

https://share.america.gov/illegal-crossings-lowest-in-years-as-border-wall-expands/

I am not going to argue with you on this. None of what you have offered consider the impact that Covid-19 had on what happened at the border. The continuation of Trump’s policies are not going to happen unless he gets re-elected in 2024. And I am not going to say that won’t happen. But for now, wither or not his policies were good or bad is a moot point. He isn’t POTUS any more.

I will leave you with this study. For what it is worth.

NO It’s not being done!

That’s not true, it’s not because of “their” policies.

Why is the prog answer always spending? We’ve been “assisting the internal dealings” of CA and SA for decades, has it made a difference? Fweedom Harris has the answers?

Come on man!

Remain in Mexico.

And the SCOTUS said no.

You asked what Brandon can do. The SCOTUS didn’t say he couldn’t keep the policy.

1 Like

And Alito confirmed the Majority opinion was ignoring the rule of law!

"Congress offered the Executive two—and only two—alternatives to detention. First, if an alien is “arriving on land” from “a foreign territory contiguous to the United States,” the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) “may return the alien to that territory pending a [removal] proceeding.” §1225(b)(2)(C). Second, DHS may release individual aliens on “parole,” but “only on a case-by-case basis for urgent humanitarian reasons or a significant public benefit.” §1182(d)(5)(A).

Due to the huge numbers of aliens who attempt to enter illegally from Mexico, DHS does not have the capacity to detain all inadmissible aliens encountered at the border, and no one suggests that DHS must do the impossible. But rather than avail itself of Congress’s clear statutory alternative to return inadmissible aliens to Mexico while they await proceedings in this country, DHS has concluded that it may forgo that option altogether and instead simply re lease into this country untold numbers of aliens who are very likely to be removed if they show up for their removal hearings. This practice violates the clear terms of the law, but the Court looks the other way."

He tried. The same supreme court would not allow it saying that there had not been enough hearings to determine if it was a good thing or bad thing to actually enforce the law as written.
Though he was always willing to compromise on this if steps were taken to assure that this would not be a recurring thing…which it will be.

Do you see conservatives who disagree protesting outside justices’ homes?

2 Likes

The Left’s answer to the massive illegal immigration problem at the southern border is to simply legalize the problem through abusing the Asylum process:

Anyone who makes an Asylum claim can be legally allowed in the country. I imagine there’s probably about a billion more people out there who can show up at the border and make an asylum claim! Just don’t call it open borders!

1 Like