Supreme Court OKs public money for religious education

When was Maine told they couldn’t have non-discrimination policies as part of eligibility for tuition programs?

WW

If they want money from the Government, you gotta deal with the strings.

If they had passed these restrictions in response to this… I could see the complaint… but they didn’t.

So under equal protection of the law, the religious schools should achieve the same standards as secular ones if they want to access the money.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

1 Like

They keep calling it “public money.” People of faith that wish their children to have a religious upbringing also pay taxes so that money is just as much theirs as it is the Drag Queens kids that want’s to join the after school Satan Club at Government School.

That’ll get shot down too. Watch

As it should, it’s religious discrimination. May as well make a law a school has to serve pork to knock out Muslim schools. Plus, if it’s one thing judges hate, it’s smart asses who try to circumnavigate their rulings.

There are bo food based provisions.

Only that there are non discriminatory policies

Do we agree that to access government money that everyone should be held to the same standard?

I think so, but I suspect this current court will disagree with me.

1 Like

Yeah probably

I doubt this court will allow blatant end runs around their ruling. But if they do, I don’t live in Maine.

I don’t either

But it is t really an end run but a requirement that has already been in place to receive the money.

Talking about the state supreme court here.

from the link

The Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that Maine can’t exclude religious schools from a program that offers tuition for private education in towns that don’t have public schools. But religious schools didn’t have long to savor their victory before learning of a new hurdle.

The SCOTUS would take years and years to act if ever.