Suppression vs Mitigation

Well, he has, he just sprinkled with Trump mud doing it. That’s the thing about Trump, he’s says so much ■■■■■ you have to sift. Better to read transcripts. That way you don’t have to listen to that NYC accent either.

Thats a problem.

Look - whatever solution we do - people are gonna die. Trump is correct when he says he is basically a war time president. This is a war time speech he has to make and he needs Americans to by into it.
I wish Pence could give it.

I understand. That’s Trump. He was hired to be Trump, the Wrecking Ball. The craziness is part of it.

2 Likes

So protect the working man instead of dickering.

If Congress cannot figure out the working man needs income not money…that bailing out businesses won’t help if no one has money to pay for their products…then they should all be fired.

1 Like

And that why i could never vote for him.
Look - Im a dem and will pretty much always vote Dem. But it doesnt mean i cant respect people on the other side or think they are right sometimes.

But my issue with Trump has always been more then political. My issue has been this. But I really dont want to derail this to Trump. No ones mind is gonna change.
Im watching a company i worked for, for the last 13 years go under, ive laid off more then 50% of my people and next week, another 50%. Some ive worked with for 10 years.
I took a pay cut and we cant survive if this goes 6 months. This country needs to have a discussion. A serious one.
And we need to all live with the results. And right now, that conversation is not happening.

Government sucks.

I’m sure since the President came out today saying the same thing all the libs in this thread will now give him credit for it… or not.

As long as there isn’t an extreme scarcity in resources or man power, a generational recession would be the result of bad policy or mass irrationality, not people pausing work for a few weeks or a month or two.

You think he came out with the IDEA??
The idea to move from supression to mitigation has been discussed for 2 weeks. Articles have been posted (like the Hammer and Dance article) before today.
He didn’t come up with the idea. He brought it into the forefront (good for him) in the WORST WAY.

I even AGREE with it and want to discuss it, but it should come up from a serious statement from the President emphasizing the hard choices we have to make.
Not a all caps tweet late at night.

Saying what thing?

What difference does that make? Style over substance?

You can forget going back to fireside chats.

1 Like

Like this one? That’s how a real leader does it.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2020/03/angela-merkel-nails-coronavirus-speech-unlike-trump.html

I’m glad he enjoyed her speech.

Did you watch it? Coming from the leader of a country that was reduced to rubble 75 years ago, it was notably devoid of whining about how a few weeks or months of an economic pause to defeat a common enemy will cause irreparable economic damage. Then again, the Germans apparently haven’t turned into soft and lazy ■■■■■■■ like Americans seem to have.

Yeah, I watched it. The Germans will be expecting a bail out. And we’ll do it.

Yes they have.

1 Like

Because you need buy in. You can only govern the willing.
The president is not a dictator. He has to SELL it to the American people that this is the best course of action. He needs to lay it out. “This is what a great depression will look like. This is the human cost. this is what we can do to help with mitigation”

That could help the discussion. When you do a late night, all caps tweet it seems like a late night thought that has not been really reviewed.

So yes -Style does matter

At this point, whatever idiocy Trump comes up with, the governors are increasingly looking like the adults in the room.

They don’t know what it’s going to look like, nobody does.

You © seem to think your © feelings are important here. They’re not. You’ve © already panicked. Because of the media and Facebook, not because of Trump. You © never believe anything he says anyway.

How long has he been telling you ©"China Bad" and “bring manufacturing home”?

And now you © want to be wrapped in a woobie and held?

He wasn’t your © President a month ago and now you © want to cuddle and make the boogie man go away? COME ON!

I know you © don’t like him and didn’t vote for him, neither do/did I. But he’s the President. He’s never going to make great speeches or bring comfort. That’s not who he is.

You’re © going to have to find a pacifier somewhere else.

Let’s watch what he does.

If you © have to have surgery, do you © want the best bedside manner or the steadiest hand holding the scalpel?

1 Like

Good, they can pay the bills.

Maybe I can predict the future…

1 Like