Super Bowl LVIII

Taylor can afford it. :wink:

Aww maaaaaaaaaan! :rofl:

KC from behind with 6 seconds left. But up by 3 not 2. Not bad if I do say myself. :sunglasses:

With the new OT rules, why would you choose to receive if you won the coin toss? Every advantage is to the kicking team.

The receiving team can’t beat you with their possession. If they make any mistake, you can win with a score. Even if they get a TD, you can match it, and you have 4 downs on every series. The 49ers had to know the new rules, right?

Is the pledge said by children or adults? Why?

2 Likes

On the other hand, SF could have won it when they had KC back in their own territory on a 4th and one.

All in all, it was a very good game. Maybe the $100,000 seats were overpriced, but I certainly got my monies worth. :+1:

1 Like

So funny. :rofl:

1 Like

What a great game and outcome.

Congratulations Chiefs and Taylor Swift!

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Reba McEntire sang the star spangled banner, right? Did you notice the little extra she put in at the end? That took it over the 90.5 seconds betting apps had it at. I looked at other times she sang it, and they all came in at around 85 seconds. But you’d have to be nuts to bet that anyway.

one nation one anthem one people

3 Likes

well, when you know, you know. you know?

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I didn’t know San Fran was a sanctuary city for onions…

2 Likes

Yeah, I would think the logic should be the same as college OT. And there, the coin flip winner almost always chooses to kick.

For the record, I think analysts are going overboard in slamming SF for taking the ball first in OT.

While you can’t say “this” would have happened or “that” would have happened had they deferred, if you take the exact outcomes of each team’s possessions and reversed the order, SF would have had to go for it on 4th down instead of kicking the field goal, and had they missed on that play, they would have lost by 7 instead of 3.

And had they stopped KC on 4th and 1, the conversation would have been totally different today.

2 Likes

I never knew this before, but Weird Al is indeed the Halftime show we all need and deserve! :rofl:

5 Likes

I think the group, OK Go, could do an entertaining show too.

1 Like

Cover of MAD magazine that arrived today.

Very timely.

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Had the 49ers gone for it instead of kicking that FG in OT, what most likely would have happened is that KC would have played for the winning FG. Unless you’re the 2016 Falcons, teams usually don’t take chances when all they need is a FG to win.

Even if KC doesn’t get that 4th and 1 and the 49ers win, it was still a bad decision to receive. But no one wants to hear it if they won. It is possible to make bad decisions and still win. The Mike McCarthy Cowboys did that about half a dozen times this past season.