SUMMIT SURVIVES? Trump Praises Kim’s ‘WARM STATEMENT,’ Says ‘Time Will Tell’

Originally published at: SUMMIT SURVIVES? Trump Praises Kim’s ‘WARM STATEMENT,’ Says ‘Time Will Tell’ | Sean Hannity

President Trump resurrected hopes of his high-level meeting with Kim Jong Un Friday, thanking the North Korean leader just hours after he suddenly canceled the summit scheduled for June 12th in Singapore.

The President praised the communist leader on social media after Kim released a statement saying he was willing to meet with Trump “in any way,” adding an eventual meeting will hopefully lead to “enduring prosperity and peace” between both nations.

“Very good news to receive the warm and productive statement from North Korea. We will soon see where it will lead, hopefully to long and enduring prosperity and peace. Only time (and talent) will tell!” tweeted the President.

Trump abruptly canceled the high-stakes talks this week after multiple statements from the Hermit Kingdom insulted top aides and officials; including Vice President Mike Pence and National Security Advisor John Bolton.

“They very much want to do it, we want to do it, we’ll see what happens,” Trump told reporters this week. “Everybody plays games.”

Nobel, he’s back!

1 Like

Kim and Trump are like watching the Kardashians.

Is this a ploy to diminish the President’s political capital by false-starting the peace process multiple times?

No, it’s to get the ratings up.

1 Like

So is the commemorative coin worth more or less now? That’s the real question.

1 Like

At this point they really need to bring Dr Phil in. It’s the missing TV element.

Now this is the best hypothesis I’ve seen yet.

I admit I hadn’t considered it.

Stupid me…I have to remember that “ratings” are always the thing with Trump.

I wonder is the commemorative coin flips itself often.

“We’ll see what happens.”

rolling eyes

This is just another stock phrase he throws out to keep his base hoping, like his use of, “some people are saying” …

1 Like

Do you not watch novelas?

Mattis is saying the diplomats are working something out. Might happen, might not. Kim really wants the sitdown, and Trump really wants the photo-op as well, so chances are still good it goes ahead.

The coin is still on sale for a reduced price.

Just spins when I click the link - maybe busy.

That was funny.

I can remember a time not too long ago that this would be considered as “good news” by pretty much everyone in the US.

Now democrats across the board pretty well seem hell bent to support NK at every turn.

Sad.

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much the flip of a coin.

Trump’s behavior doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.

It’s not support of North Korea. It’s fear.

It’s not support of NK. It’s simply acknowledging that Trump is a moron and knows nothing about NK, and that his administration is a ■■■■■■■■■■■■

Or maybe you just have no grasp of the situation because it’s a bit above you.