Stop blaming the Orthodox Jewish community for the measles outbreak

People, please vaccinate your kids!

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1121772617587757056?s=21

And if you havenā€™t been vaccinated in a while, get a booster.

I think itā€™s what? Once every ten years?

Unless you were unfortunate like me.

I donā€™t need a measles vaccination.

I GOT the measles as a kid.

Wouldnā€™t wish them on anybody.

Do you know why there are outbreaks in a state like Indiana? 41,000 students at Purdue University and 48,000 at Indiana University. Almost 90 K students and both campuses are having outbreaks. College campuses are a hot bed of outbreaks because of sheer numbers. The flu takes root because of college students. Indiana does not have an outbreak because of illegals.

We should also keep things in perspective.

While the number of cases is at a recent record?

A grand total of 0.0001% of the population has contracted the measles thus far this year.

So any predictions of dreadful diseases spreading through our population via the infestations of the sickly hordes of the South is dramatically overblown to begin with.

1 Like

I was born in a Latin American country, so I was fortunate to be vaccinated there as a child. They take vaccinations very seriously now because of the polio disease which affected millions of children back in the day.

Nobody blinks an eyelash about the flu each yearā€¦but letā€™s go crazy over less than 1 1/100th of a percent with measlesā€¦

Case in point.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/health-and-medicine/article229721499.html

The quarantine at UCLA was put in place Monday in response to a contagious student who attended class April 2, 4 and 9, according to a message from Chancellor Gene Block. Eight faculty members and 119 students were initially quarantined, but that number has since been steeply reduced. Thirty students and employees remain quarantined.

At Cal State L.A., 106 staff members and 550 students are still under quarantine after someone with measles entered a campus library, according to a statement from the university. The potential exposure took place April 11 between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. at Library North, the statement said. The L.A. County Department of Public Health said there is no current measles risk at the library.

US measles now in 22 states.
ā€™

1. The current outbreak covers 22 states.
    Jezcoe says
  2. the current outbreak (in 22 states) is caused by Hassidic Jews only. (Unlikely to be true IMO)
    Therefore he is saying that none of the measles outbreak in 22 states is coming via illegal immigrants.
    (I do concede the inference from Jezcoeā€™s words that ā€œIf we stop the Jews carrying, we will have no measles,ā€ is incorrect. Even if the 22 statewide outbreak were Hassidic Jew sourced, others outside that community could be infected by them and perpetuate the outbreak even after all Hassidic Jews were measles-free.

So, you agree with me there is a very real likelihood that measles is being introduced into our population by illegal entrants.

Why was it so difficult to agree with the obvious?

JWK

Because thatā€™s not the argument you were trying to make.

You were instead trying to massively overstate the potential danger of this while minimizing the very danger of people not vaccinating.

That is a disingenuous use of facts.

You want to prove how much the real danger is?

Start doing a little less Google cut and pastes and do some real scientific legwork, and quantify the real risks.

Until then youā€™re just doing more of your usual inflammatory rhetoric and appealing to fear and emotion.

1 Like

The father of modern anti-vaxxers. Why this ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  clown is allowed to live US is beyond insane.

Last year, the 61-year-old was directly linked to an outbreak of measles among the Somali American community in Minnesota ā€“ the largest in the state for many years ā€“ after he visited and shared his views with them. He has also been associated with a drop-off in vaccination rates in Texas, where he lives.

In the summer of 2016, Wakefield was one of four anti-vaccine campaigners Trump met for 45 minutes, and he also attended one of his inauguration balls after Trump defeated Hillary Clinton in the presidential election. After he entered the White House, Trump is said to have considered appointing another vaccine sceptic, Robert F Kennedy, to head a commission to look into their safety. That idea currently appears stalled.

Between 11,000 and 16,000 flu deaths this flu season October 18 to May 2019.

You are giving your interpretation of what I wrote. And it is a misrepresentation.

Exactly what is it that I wrote that you disagree with?

Seems to me you want to overlook the very real probability that measles and other diseases are being introduced into our country by the invasion of our southern border.

JWK

What is the common denominator?

Unvaccinated people exposed to unvaccinated travelers. Not illegals. Most coming here thru airports via legal means of travel. Stop blaming it on illegals. You are wrong @johnwk2.

1 Like

Are you really suggesting neither measles, nor any other contagious diseases ,are being introduced into our country by illegal entrants and/or from those invading our southern border?

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone! Far more than the measly $5.7 billion asked for to build a wall! LINK

Thatā€™s what the facts say. What makes you think thatā€™s where itā€™s coming fromā€¦in your educated opinion?

Do you have any idea how many Americans travel across the world and how many tourists travel to the US every year? The numbers there are vastly, vastly larger than the number of illegal immigrants hopping the fence.

Illegal immigrants can absolutely bring illnesses with them. But itā€™s always going to be small potatoes compared to the legal travel.

trumpers donā€™t really travel.

The CDC would disagree with you. I know, FAKE NEWS!

These outbreaks are linked to travelers who brought measles back from other countries such as Israel, Ukraine, and the Philippines, where large measles outbreaks are occurring. Make sure you are vaccinated against measles before traveling internationally.

1 Like

Yep, and single travellers contracting the diseases and bringing them over isnā€™t the core of the problem.

The problem is when the traveler is from a community that is anti-vaxx, which means instead of a single case you get clusters once they infect the locals.

Thereā€™s plenty of Jew-bashing going around these days, but the ultra orthodox really are a problem on this one.

1 Like