Stocks getting killed again

And now its up 400. Stop being an enemy of the nation and talking down the economy. This is the greatest economy in the history of any country. And that is coming off 8 years of the most destructive economic policies in world history. What is happening is historic and you want to suffer.

Commies.

Yes, Yellen did fine. I was skeptical of her, but have no complaints about her work there, now.

So one more poster joins the Mr. Capitalism club.

You have a better explanation for why Donald and the GOP canā€™t perform?

The lib mob is real, and powerful.

Itā€™s more about keeping inflation in check and having steady GDP growth. Basically keeping a stable currency. We are at full employment with 3% GDP. Time to start raising rates

Another bad day ahead maybe.

As a trader myself, two things really irritate me. First, some people think when you buy or sell a stock thereā€™s not a human/group of people on the other end making or losing money.

Second, people look at intraday charts as some kind of long term sign. Usually at 10am.

DOW is tumbling again, down ~400 points with 20 minutes to go.

Winning
10char

down hard again today. Not good for people about to retire.

the trump bear marketā€¦

Just like clock workā€¦in time for Nov election. :wink:

People who are about to retire should only have a small amount of investments in higher-risk funds at this point. Unless theyā€™ve shifted their investments badly over the years, they shouldnā€™t be hurt much.

Todayā€™s drop is obviously a direct result of Obamaā€™s speech yesterday attacking America

Itā€™s not a great time to be in cash either, though. Thatā€™s the problem with our low interest rates and downgraded credit.

That is indeed a good point. Iā€™ve had a similar dilemma enough though Iā€™m not close to retirement. So I end up leaving the money in index funds because there really isnā€™t a good place to shift it to.

Yeah I doubt Iā€™ll move out of index funds for at least 20 years. I mean Iā€™d rather be in cash than stocks if I were say 5 years from retirement, but itā€™s gotta be frustrating to get such a low return. Youā€™re pretty much locked into retirement level income before youā€™re even in retirement.

Pretty much. Just sit tight and wait it out. :slight_smile:

Yeah, those corps and high income brokers are tanking the market to reward teh GOP for their tax cut by helping democrats get elected.

1 Like

The conspiracy theories are of course amazing. Of course something will always happen in Novemberā€“up or downā€“because the quarterly earnings releases are always mid to end of October.