Stocks getting killed again

Of course it does. The economy has everything to do with the elections. I didn’t mention Trump.

Can’t we lower interest rates or something so this doesn’t happen?

No point, really. Saudis pay cash for their New York Real Estate, so lowering interest rates would have no real effect on the economy.

1 Like

There’s a lot of oil in Saudi Arabia. I think our military could take theirs.

Your chart is upside down :smirk:

It’s our oil, really. Just inconvenient that it’s under their sand.

Donald Trump: “Hold my beer.”

Thanks, Obama.

I’m sure a businessman in the White House, something that conservatives have been keening for for so long, will be able to fix it.

Maybe more tariffs are the solution.

But I’ve been told by a half-dozen conservatives that Trump is winning with the economy and Obama was a big failure in that regard, despite all of the money everybody made in the stock market after 2009.

Trump is like that 20 something dude who discovers credit cards and lives high on the hog. his buddies are attracted to his new car and success.

then you see him later and he’s in bankruptcy court and his friends all lost faith in him along the way.

national debt.

Heavy volitility, trailing stops being hit and a lot short selling.

1 Like

Amazon earnings soon should be interesting

AMD got clobbered last night, although twitter is up this morning.

AMD historically very bubbly but damn it ran hard. I bought in at $2 and sold at $3ish :man_facepalming:

That’s how it works, at least you made a gain imagine the people who just bought it the day before the 31% plunge.

1 Like

Ever transaction has a buyer and a seller. Imagine the people who sold it after it was down 31%

I have no idea why the fed put the breaks on. Housing sales were already slowing.

This happens all the time panic selling, with the big money movers waiting to gobble it up :slight_smile:

The new Fed chair is spooking a lot of investors. I understand the reasoning if the rates stay at zero the Fed loses its ability to lower rates in times of turmoil, but he seems to be very hawkish after the likes of Bernanke and Yellen. I thought Yellen was a good Fed chief.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thegazette.com/subject/news/nation-and-world/wall-street-indexes-fall-slightly-as-investors-eye-a-united-hawkish-fed-20181017%3Ftemplate=amphtml