Stocks and oil in free fall

No he has a fair point, we will enjoy cheap fuel with low oil prices. It won’t last though, if oil prices rise fracking becomes profitable.

Its gonna hurt alot of workers though.

With companies already flirting with bankruptcy, that IF and how quick is a pretty big question mark.

Maybe Alberta wont kill itself after all.

Poll it.

We should be stockpiling cheap oil. Russian, Arab, … whatever. Fill up every reserve available.

Fill up northeast New Jersey with petroleum tank farms. It would be an improvement.

I think this is the real political story here. It took a little over 3 years for Trump to encounter a crisis that was not of his own making.

Every President in modern times (really throughout the history of the Republic) has had to deal with a crisis in one form or another. Something that was beyond the control and reach of their power. Something that requires finesse, stability, reasoning, a sense of intellect and a steady hand that assures the public, a sense of empathy and assurance that calms the masses.

This is Trump’s first true test as President. And if there is a man (or woman) here who believes he and his administration have handled it with the grace and confidence and competence that ALL Americans expect during a time of crisis, then I will point you to a man who has decided to forgo with reason in favor of emotion. Who was forgone logic with propaganda. Who has opted for feelings over facts.

Love Trump or despise Trump. But any objective observer can agree the handling of this crisis has been a complete and total failure thus far. A debacle. Historic mismanagement.

May we ALL pray that they improve upon their piss-poor performance to date. Because real American lives hang in the balance.

I am the first in line praying that Trump finds his footing here. That he turns this around. That he finds a compass to guide him and all of us through this perilous time. Who is with me?

8 Likes

Great leaders pass it off to their Vice President then send out random tweets

1 Like

I agree 100%; however, I do not have much faith in a man or political party who’s response to a possible viral epidemic is to cut taxes. Like, why? Do they not think we are going to be around long enough to pay the money back?

It actually makes me angry that this is their first idea.

1 Like

Your predictions have the same degree of reliability as Trump’s claim during the first week of the decline that the market was looking just fine. Its what you are hoping will happen but you have no basis for such a prediction. Corporate profits before the corona impact and the oil price impact were already setting the market up for a correction. You are not accounting for that profitability issue nor the oil price impact.

Of course.

If we cut corporate taxes then people will get less sick

1 Like

If we raise taxes, people will pay more taxes.

1 Like

Things were already pretty rough in the oil patch, the last six months all of the major service companies have either been laying off or on a hiring freeze and that was oil in mid $50’s.

Between KSA collapsing the market and natural gas prices being ridiculously low, yes the industry is going to have considerable layoffs and it’s already started.

Germany.

I remember strongly thinking about picking up some Transocean stock about a year ago (RIG).

Man am I glad I didn’t. Offshore is going to be destroyed by end of this year.

Deepwater has sucked for 10 years, no pun intended. I did subsea until about a year and half ago, so an opportunity to get and I did. I still work with a decent portfolio of oil and gas service companies and lots of connections to the industry but it’s never really come back after the last downturn.

I get the anger. But honestly it’s because of pure incompetence. Some of these people are so far in over their head. The brain drain of this administration is real, quantifiable, and seen in results.

I’m angry at the uneducated who did not have the intellectual wherewithal to recognize beforehand what “burning it all to the ground” or “giving Washington a suppository” would actually mean if and when ■■■■ got real.

Now, some of these same people who cheerfully and with full on giddiness tried to ■■■■ all of America with their own special ■■■■ bomb let loose the life and death reality of their decision they want to pretend like it’s other people at fault and other groups that are to blame for their own decisions.

Some of these people brought us to this point. The “Armageddon” people are the reason Americans are dying. And they now own it all.

They may try to now cry Deep State. Or CDC Democrats. Or some other ■■■■■■■■■ But in reality it is because THEY opted to make Donald ■■■■■■■ Trump the President of the United States.

I mean, what in the ■■■■■■■■■■

6 Likes

I watched a clip of him last week. He wanted. Nothing to do with this and it looked beneath him.

That’s not a leader. That’s just an ■■■■■■■■

I’m waiting for it