Stocks and oil in free fall

I made 6.36% today.

1 Like

Negative. It’s the truth. This is the first crisis not of Trump’s own making.

Are you the only one that noticed the CDC has limited production capacity? Don’t you think someone, somewhere should have said

“Hey, the WHO has been providing these test kits in large supply. Maybe we should start using those until we can get up to capacity”??

1 Like

Being on that hill all alone must be something else. I believe you believe this. But objective reality that is agreed upon by every other person in the country disagrees with you.

Out of curiosity, can you point us to some posts where you’ve decried the lack of manufacturing by the CDC when it comes to test kits for pandemic outbreaks? That’s the topic after all.

1 Like

The WHO doesn’t have unlimited capacity either and they have to provide for nations that lack the capacity altogether.

Their test kits started going out at approximately the same time ours did.

As of Feb 4 they only had a quarter million test kits available to be shipped globally.

Sure, begin with the thread I started on the topic a week or so back.

250,000 before we even made 1.

Yeah, we should have asked for some.

Ummmm… I don’t think so.

neither the CDC nor the coronavirus task force chaired by Vice President Mike Pence would say who made the decision to forgo the WHO test and instead begin a protracted process of producing an American test, one that got delayed by manufacturing problems, possible lab contamination and logistical delays.

The CDC started shipping them the same week.

The CDC started shipping test kits the same week.

You were saying?

Ok, they shipped kits from the CDC that same week. Those tests were flawed, right?
They still had access to the tests from the WHO but they decided to create their own. Even though they had limited production capacity, as you said. This then led to a lapse in time that tests were not available.

Are you the only one that knew they had limited production capacity, or should they have known that as well?

You’re making things up now wholesale. You have no idea how many test kits the WHO had available to ship us when it was determined the original run by the CDC was flawed.

Did you intentionally mean to remind everyone of this?

:rofl:

2 Likes

I find it interesting that trump is pushing for his payroll tax till the election. He says he wants an economic shot in the arm. Did republicans actually finally realize that it’s the working man who drives the economy?

Of course I did, I’ve got no problem with the truth at all.

WildRoseFlyover Country

conan

Mar 3

I chalk this up to unreasonable expectations. It’s a problem of scale and the CDC has limited production capabilities.

Understand fear and frustration but we’ve sent much of our industrial production to China over the last thirty years including an alarming amount of our Bio/Medical/Pharmaceutical production.

Review my thread from a few days ago on the national security reasons for bringing industrial jobs back to the US. This is a perfect example of where that critical industrial capacity is lacking.

This is all magnified by the fact the virus wasn’t even identified and typed until January. We had test kits in production within three weeks but with limited capacity there’s only so many that can be produced quickly.

Lets see what happens tomorrow. The volatility is ridiculous

dow futures point to a 500 point drop tomorrow
oil 33.86/barrel
10 yr .75%

Why are we growing the deficit with this stimulus?

im expecting the NCAA bball tournament to either be played without fans attending or cancelled altogether