Stimulus Funds Being Used to Reward Red Status

Exactly, are loans being denied for blue states at a higher rate than loans are being approved from red states. Your thread title is saying as such, certainly you have loan approval/denial rate data to support this.

2 Likes

No my friend. What I said dispels what you said.

Statisticians donā€™t use excuses, they use rules that govern inference. I know that probably sounds horribly elitist to you, but having invested the time to study how to understand data does convey the ability to understandā€¦ rather than to jump on one or two exceptions as if they matter.

That someone was there Federal Small Business Administration. What we see is that these funds put in place to help all Americans are being used to a large extent to help Trumpā€™s allies.

That is wrong. Pointing out what is wrong and seeking to redress is essential to ethics.

Those who defend unethical behavior tend to try to hide behind terms like outrage.

Maybeā€¦just maybe libs in libs stronghold figured someone else will do it for em. While conservatives in rural places did it themselves.

I understand libs thinking people should do stuff for em.

1 Like

I could play the same game and point out this is one more example of conservatives being lazy and coasting on government programs while pretending they would never do such a thing.

My position is as unfounded and nonsensical as yours and neither position helps us move forward as a nation facing a crisis.

Heyā€¦Iā€™m not the one thatā€™s bitching because someone got more then I did.

Thatā€™s what this thread is all about is it not?

2 Likes

This thread is about misappropriating federal funds to support the election of the incumbent President rather than equitably addressing the needs of the American people.

This thread opposes the notion that if my guy is in power we get what we want and can shaft everyone else.

Yes the OP was and it was a complete failure on your part. The actual study refutes your point. But go ahead and go down the rabbit hole because Trump bad.

3 Likes

Ohā€¦so now itā€™s misappropriating funds.

Noā€¦itā€™s libs screaming and whining because someone got more then they did.

Be honest for a change. Youā€™re not fooling anyone.

1 Like

This thread is about regurgibleeting sheople ā– ā– ā– ā–  that you swallowed.

It is funny how he believes Bloombergā€™s take on it but not the actual person responsible for the study.

Yeahā€¦as one poster pointed out for me that was deleted. I think it was @mwevans1234 that posted twitter link.

Oh for the love of God. Please present PROOF that certain states are given priority or more money.

Iā€™ve quoted from your article the reason they give for the difference.

Now itā€™s on YOU to give proof of what you say. Misappropriating federal funds to support the Trump campaign.

1 Like

The proof your op is crap has been posted many times above. But just for you to ignore here it is again:

"Ernie Tedeschi, the Evercore analyst who calculated the eligible payroll figures, offered a few theories about why the imbalance arose in an April 15 note. One was that regions hit harder by the virus, or that had the earliest lockdowns, may have had more trouble getting lending started. Another was that more businesses in hard-hit states may not have applied because the program isnā€™t enough to make a difference for them. Tedeschi also floated the possibility that businesses in some states had better pre-existing relationships with community banks that were able to get applications submitted quickly.

Whatever the reason, itā€™s inevitable that the results will be politicized"

The guy who did the study gave possible reasons. Not one of them was because of politics. But he did predict people like you would make it political.

5 Likes

Shhhhh, your blowing up the outrage

1 Like

Just look at the first hypothesis. If some regions were harder hit and had a harder time getting started in the process, why. wouldnā€™t you provide a system that funneled funds thereā€¦ to those that were hardest hit?

This isnā€™t complex peopleā€¦

How is that political? How is that targeting those areaā€™s negatively?

So the federal government should take over the local banks in hard hit areas to make it happen? Are you listening to yourself?

2 Likes

All he is looking at is a percentage of work force. Totally ignoring many of those states at the bottom have gotten way more funds and loans approved. But due to the fact that they have a higher population the actual percentage is less. But that doesnā€™t fit his Trump is baa baa bad.

3 Likes