Stimulus Funds Being Used to Reward Red Status

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2020-sba-paycheck-protection-program/

Data on the small business loan program makes it clear that the Trump Administration is allocating funds according to which states support Trump. Firms in red states had a much higher probability of getting approved than firms in blues states.

Time to stop this nonsense and act like one America!

1 Like

LOL Bloomberg…

4 Likes

LOL wanting to believe Trump’s never ending hammering of “fake news” to delude people into not trusting reputable news sources.

Bloomberg is reporting it but the source is Evercore ISI.

Those findings, based on Evercore ISI estimates of eligible payrolls in each state, show the uneven distribution of the first $248 billion of Small Business Administration coronavirus-relief loans, through April 13.

And BLoomberg was candid about it, if you’d read the whole article.

Ernie Tedeschi, the Evercore analyst who calculated the eligible payroll figures, offered a few theories about why the imbalance arose in an April 15 note. One was that regions hit harder by the virus, or that had the earliest lockdowns, may have had more trouble getting lending started. Another was that more businesses in hard-hit states may not have applied because the program isn’t enough to make a difference for them. Tedeschi also floated the possibility that businesses in some states had better pre-existing relationships with community banks that were able to get applications submitted quickly.

Whatever the reason, it’s inevitable that the results will be politicized, since coastal states tend to favor Democrats, and Republicans dominate the country’s center. When Jackie Speier, a Democratic congresswoman from California, asked on April 15 why Texas got more money than California, her tweet was retweeted more than 3,000 times. “California has been shortchanged,” California Governor Gavin Newsom, also a Democrat, said at a press briefing. “We’re trying to understand exactly why.”

1 Like

Show us reputable data on the actual distribution of loans that contradicts this. Otherwise the data stand.

1 Like

Evercore is probably the number one independent investment bank in the world. The analysis comes from its head of macro research (but it’s not rocket science)

So it’s correct.

That said, I suggest you all read Ernie’s twitter posts for what is likely going on and don’t ever rely on journalists to get this stuff right. In this case, the journalists just noted that results were likely to be politicized rather than making outlandish claims.

He is smarter than you, me, and certainly the journalists writing about it. Going to the source is just best practice.

I don’t care what Bloomberg says. They are bias as hell and they will slant any information accordingly to push their propaganda.

And I’m not paying them the right to feed me their propaganda.

You haven’t paid them, last time I looked.

They are reporting data form a highly reliable source – Evercore. Do you have a problem with them or does your “ostrich with head in sand” apply to them as well?

What a crock of sheople feces but eat away and then regurgibleet…orange man baaa baaa, baaad. :sunglasses:

Are “blue state businesses” being denied??

That is the only way your claim holds up.

There is no reason why the percentage of loans approved should vary from state to state by more than a nominal amount. Anything else is clear evidenced of bias in the selection process.

The data are coming from the Small Business Administration. You forgot to insult them in your effort to avoid looking at the facts.

2 Likes

Buhahah someone just bested the theary from your article . . . .

One was that regions hit harder by the virus, or that had the earliest lockdowns, may have had more trouble getting lending started. Another was that more businesses in hard-hit states may not have applied because the program isn’t enough to make a difference for them. Tedeschi also floated the possibility that businesses in some states had better pre-existing relationships with community banks that were able to get applications submitted quickly.

Look at all those other reason why some states/area’s would get more people applying and approved.

BUSTED

2 Likes

What is it with libs anyway…they think I should pay for their propaganda BS?

I’m honored to be lie and deceived too.

Sure there is. Apparently from you article quoted by another poster.

One was that regions hit harder by the virus, or that had the earliest lockdowns, may have had more trouble getting lending started. Another was that more businesses in hard-hit states may not have applied because the program isn’t enough to make a difference for them. Tedeschi also floated the possibility that businesses in some states had better pre-existing relationships with community banks that were able to get applications submitted quickly.

Only a FEW of the variables that go into people not only applying, but getting approval.

Everything is a Trump conspiracy to libs.

3 Likes

Beside…conservative states are more deserving.

C’mon you’re not even trying now…lol.

And presented in carefully tailored “context”.

From there “Anything else is clear evidenced of bias …”

Of course, when the conclusion precedes the research, that’s not bias. :roll_eyes:

Illinois must have really turned…red recently.

Then I consider North Carolina…wow…I must be lucky because I’m totally funded.