Stephen Colbert wants to change self-defense laws

We’re back to that…You said he knew what he was doing. Other than protecting himself, it sure doesn’t seem so.

They didn’t “wound up dead” because they were idiots. They wound up dead because they attacked somebody willing to defend himself.

3 Likes

Did I? Or did I answer your question?

No need to build strawmen.

Of course it doesn’t mean they should have wound up dead. Just as Rittenhouse being there doesn’t mean he should have been chased down and attacked. And that’s what this really boils down to, if you don’t chase down and attack the kid with a riffle running away, you don’t get shot.

So, rather than changing self defense laws, why don’t we simply create a law making it illegal to chase down and attack people?

3 Likes

And that brings us back to the second and third victims. How were they to know he wasn’t an active shooter…Did they not have a right to defend themselves?

He was running away.

They can’t chase and defend themselves. They can chase and argue justification not self defense.

1 Like

If he was an active shooter, are they not allowed to try and stop him from escaping and killing others?

Is it possible for this level of cognitive dullness to exist in real life?

2 Likes

You seem to have already proven that it is…

Allowed to chase down and attack a perceived fleeing criminal?

Counterfactual.

They are allowed to defend themselves, even against the state.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2021-09-03/man-who-shot-at-cops-in-unrest-over-floyd-death-is-acquitted%3Fcontext=amp

I shant sleep tonight.

If you’re in a crowd and you hear someone shout “he just stabbed that guy”, do you have the right to chase down someone you see running from the area and brain him with a club?

2 Likes

I would say assumed restraint. A mob will kill you, a cop is supposed to arrest you.

Back to blaming the rape victim, eh?

3 Likes

You think a cop in Grosskreutz’ position would have shown restraint?

Not at all. But Rittenhouse’s reaction would have also been different if Grosskreutz had been a uniformed police officer, like the ones he was attempting to turn himself into.

1 Like

Well, if that is the case, you may want to study SELF-DEFENSE LAW

JWK

It is absolutely shameful that those in our mainstream media and Hollywood crowd, having achieved fame, fortune and great success under a free market, free enterprise system, now work to destroy that system and impose a notoriously evil, Cuban style government, on America’s future generations.

Could be. If he got a chance to react.