Stephen Colbert wants to change self-defense laws

Or how one feeeeeels. Can kill a dude if you feel threatened. And, if as I predict, we are a mere couple of years to constitutional carry, we really might to revisit that.

Well, if those feels are validated by reality, yes, you can kill out of self defense. Of course, if those feels aren’t validated by reality, you get prison.

As to constitutional carry…I have an idea it would likely do more to dissuade people from chasing down and attacking others…when they get the feels to do so.

1 Like

And its going to do wonders with road rage incidents…

Theoretically. Remember, Aubery’s murderers were set to walk away scot-free from a lynching before video came out. And has been noted previously, sometimes the only version of events comes from the shooter/survivor, who is incentivized to lie.

We will see; I am interested to see what happens. I predict more people will be armed, there will be more confrontations, and ultimately more shootings.

1 Like

Fat shaming is OK.

Racism is OK.

Blaming the victim is OK.

Just about anything is OK.

…but only as long as it’s leftists doing it to someone they’ve decided is lesser than them. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

As we have here in Texas. Veritable rivers of blood.

1 Like

In spite of all evidence to the contrary. Hear! Hear!

Which is everybody but them.

2 Likes

Yes, Aubery’s murderers were set to walk away…until reality contradicted the feels.
No system is perfect and yes, sometimes we have to rely on biased testimony. Of course if that biased testimony doesn’t line up with physical evidence, we go with the physical evidence.

I agree, likely more people armed, possibly more confrontations. But eventually as stupid takes it’s toll, confrontational people will weed themselves out.

What’s ridiculous is that people even have to defend their lives and business’s from a bunch of criminals.
This is all on the heads of blm and the local government.
Blm because they don’t care about the rioting and looting. They seem to even encourage it.
The local government because they are such babies that they are afraid of being calling racist for protecting their voters from a bunch of criminals. Instead they look the other way while their voters are being assaulted by a pack of wild animals.
Than when someone has the balls to stand up to the criminals what does the local government do? They praise the criminals and try to punish the person protecting innocent people.

3 Likes

We should probably ban people from shooting others over road rage incidents.

5 Likes

I could support that.

I wish shaming violent aggressors who chase people down and attack them was OK. Maybe we could prevent some morons from getting themselves shot.

3 Likes

So you want vigilante justice?

We can call it “comon sense road rage control”…maybe that would make it more acceptable?

2 Likes

Perhaps we could dissuade people from looting and rioting…this way, they wouldn’t have to defend themselves from the getgo.

4 Likes

There was no active shooter, just a person running towards the cops.

3 Likes

I suppose those on the Left would agree a woman walking around in a skirt is asking to be raped?

As long as they believed she might be a conservative you would be right.

2 Likes

Honestly, I never thought I’d partake in a conversation in which there is an attempt to portray violent rioters chasing down and attacking people as unsung heroes, in an attempt to redefine self defense.

Is this what it’s like conversing with flat earthers?

7 Likes