Steele Dossier correct yet again - Cohen was in Prague in the Summer of '16

If you’re not willing to have an honest conversation just say so.

Trump lied about his business dealings (letter of intent) during his campaign for POTUS, while publicly denying Russians involvement in meddling, despite our intelligence.

We arent talking about the 90s. And I’m not claiming a tower got built.

Be honest.

You are again moving theg goalposts. You asked for evidence. I gave it to you. We dont have direct proof of any of the terms. We have an investigation into it. The dems will be investigating into it. You can keep praying theres nothing there, that’s fine.

We are talking about a great big quid pro quo over a “letter of intent” that never went anywhere?

I’m not praying anything. I’m waiting for evidence. Reading things into other things may be evidence to you…it is not.

That’s not what I said. What I said us that the letter of intent is proof trump had secret business dealings he lied about, during the campaign. That’s evidence that Trump is a malicious actor, hiding things from American people. He also openly defended Russia, despite intelligence, and still does. So he lies about business dealings. He lies about Russia’s involvement.

$$$ and lies. He signed a letter of intent to get financing from a sanctioned Russian bank.

That is evidence, which you asked for. Circumstantial. You want proof? How the ■■■■ would I have proof?

You confuse evidence with proof.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

To be fair Trumpo simply does not remember…nothing to see here folks just a busy “business man” …lots of deals…paperwork flying!

“And he says as far as he’s concerned, it could be anywhere up to November of 2016. But if you ask him to pinpoint the dates, he’d say to me 2015 and 2016 merged together,” Giuliani continued."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/423571-giuliani-trump-doesnt-remember-when-trump-tower-moscow-talks-stopped

1 Like

Since we know the trump tower meeting was about that there is no need to draw lines…try again

Actually it can be illegal…but you knew that…just like Flynn did when he lied about talking to Russia about sanctions to the fbi…again we have been over this

Bottom line based on what little we do know, it is more likely then not that Trump is compromised by the Russians.

Just the simple fact that Trump is a habitual liar about EVERYTHING is enough to not give him the benefit of the doubt.

1 Like

He probably doesnt remember because he lied so much about it he cant tell the difference

Seriously. Why would he lie SO MUCH. Why did he publicly deny intelligence ?

Yes. You have told me over and over again how you have proven all sorts of things.

1 Like

Dude it blows my mind that people can be so partisan that despite getting lied to constantly they give this bozo the benefit of the doubt.

But I understand that Trump is the big fat hope for many so called conservatives, so they are going down with the ship.

Simple logic dictates that Trump is likely compromised…personally if I was a Trumper I would welcome an investigation to clear my guy. Thing is they have bought into a conspiracy that the “swamp” is out to get Trump and down the rabbit hole they go.

1 Like

You seemed really concerned with burden of proof earlier, insisting we apply legal standards to our discussion. Thank you for that. It was a good idea.

As you well know from your legal studies, lawyers define “evidence,” particularly relevant evidence, as anything “that has any tendency to make a fact more or less probable than it would be without the evidence.” That’s it. That’s the legal definition of evidence, used by lawyers and judges every day. Thousands and thousands of them, just walking around, knowing what evidence is and means.

So, it should go without saying, but clearly cannot, that “reading things into other things” is the essence of evidence, especially circumstantial evidence. Your working definition of evidence sucks and is clearly designed to prop up your position in this particular argument, like a shoddy stool assembled with the crappiest, but nearest, wood you could find.

7 Likes

This is correct.

There are degrees of reliability of evidence. That Trump went to Moscow once might be evidence of the pee tape or that he conspired while there with Putin telling them how to hack the DNC.
But as evidence, it is lame. It is the :“smoke” Democrats talk about seeing.
It is nothing.

Trump signed a letter of intent.

Trump lied about it.

Trumps associates are indicted for lying about Russia dealings.

Trump publicly defends Russia despite our intelligence.

The LOI included financing with a sanctioned bank.

The trump tower don jr emails say “governments support of mr trump”

And that’s literally just off top of my head. Evidence. Not proof, but evidence.

1 Like

Nobody is making that argument. Care to have an honest conversation?