State of Union speech to go on

There’s a ■■■■ ton of drama in all of it. Let’s acknowledge the reality that millions of people missing out on work and paychecks because of Trump’s shutdown is very dramatic. There will be further dramatic responses because of his actions.

He can deliver the SOTU anytime he wants.

Just not in the House until he is formally invited.

I don’t know. 44 other presidents didn’t have any issues. There’s just something about this last one…

THAT was perfect.

Borders for some…grief for all.

:children_crossing:

Actually, the last 16.

Wilson was the first to deliver it the way we traditionally know it.

Those were personal choices though. They were really dis-invited.

Cratic, in this thread, demonstrated a lack of understanding about anything. You call it perfect. I agree.

The state of the union is strong.

According to Nancy it’s not the people house.

Actually, I believe, Washington delivered a speech to congress, Jefferson discontinued the practice.

The people put her in charge of it. That’s how it works. Don’t like it? Too bad.

Looks like the Speaker just grabbed the President by his ■■■■■■

3 Likes

BREAKING: Pelosi announcing House will not be open for SoU and Trump saying he will make other plans.

3 Likes

No one is stopping him. He can sit right there in the Oval Office and deliver it. Or the South Lawn. Or Mar-A-Lago. Or Stormy Daniels’ apartment. Or the Kremlin. Plenty of options. Nowhere does it say he is required to give the address from the House floor. Hell, there’s no mandate that it be made in person. He can type it up and mail it.

This should be EZPZ for Trump. He’s not invited. Do it anywhere else on earth but that room. Simple.

Now watch him ■■■■ this all up. He can’t handle not getting what he wants, and its not even something he knew he wanted until he was told he couldn’t have it.

It is the people’s house, we voted for it this past November.

Maybe fat donald should do a rally and deliver the SOTU that way.

You do know she’s an elected representative, right? Also an elected Speaker, eh?

I worry a few members in this thread have exposed misunderstandings about the basic structure of our government.

Pelosi: LOLNO

He can deliver it from the Oval Office. With that letter he is being a drama llama.

No means no, fat donald.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1088159077795012611?s=21