State of Union speech to go on

We missed ya! Where have you been?

Whoā€™s house?

TRUMPā€™S HOUSE!

Cry baby Trump will do what he wants!

I would have responded to her by using the oval office and inviting the Democratic and Republican leaders of both houses of Congress to attend there. If the Democrats didnā€™t show up, fine.
Trump would have looked like the adult in the room.
As it is, this is a food fight with neither looking that good. The only difference is that Trump will be running for President in two years and Pelosi wont.

Typical Trump, acting without a womanā€™s consent.

I agree that giving the address from the White House makes the most sense. It would make Trump seem somewhat thoughtful ā€¦ if thatā€™s possible. Iā€™d say the chances of him giving the address in the House are pretty slim.

I definitely did not have ā€œKing Charles storming Parliamentā€ on my sotu bingo card.

3 Likes

I wonder how Nancy thinks she can stop him?

Hopefully, she would have him arrested for trespassing. Thatā€™s what he would be doing.

1 Like

She has the deed to the house?

She simply has to tell the Sergeant at Arms to not let him in.

You understand that the President canā€™t force Congress to allow him to give a speech in their chamber, right?

And heā€™ll say, get out of the way, Iā€™m president.

The Sergeant at Arms doesnā€™t answer to the President.

That literally not how it works.

Look, Iā€™m not saying she would direct the sergeant at arms to not let him in. But you can not argue that she canā€™t, or that he wouldnā€™t follow the order.

Heā€™ll just walk right inā€¦ Whoā€™s going to touch the president?

In this fantasy, how do you see Trump getting passed a locked door?

What makes you think Nancy has that power?

The House and Senate have to pass resolutions convening a joint session of congress.

ā€¦and give a speech to an empty room?