Starting to See Why Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez So Frightens Conservatives

I don’t allow my family to take shortcuts; they never lead to anywhere worth going.

I’ve also got a copy of Engels, “The Origin of the Family, Private Property and the State” which argues more effectively against my position than anyone who is posting here.

Let me guess, you’re not a fan.

Not at all.

Are you going to answer the question?

Okay. I’ll bite though I’ll probably regret it. From Google

cor·po·ra·tion

Dictionary result for corporation

/ˌkôrpəˈrāSH(ə)n/

noun

1. a company or group of people authorized to act as a single entity (legally a person) and recognized as such in law.

synonyms: company, firm, business, concern, operation, agency, office, bureau, house, guild, institution, organization, trust, partnership, federation, conglomerate, consortium, syndicate, group, chain, combine, multiple, multinational; More

• a group of people elected to govern a city, town, or borough.

noun: municipal corporation ; plural noun: municipal corporations

synonyms: council, town council, municipal authority, civic authority;

authorities

“the corporation refused two planning applications”

And your point is…

1 Like

Who is arguing against you being able to raise your family as you deem fit.

Are you not the one who stated "a family CANNOT " ?

Not the definition, the etymology.

This has gotten silly. Read my whole statement rather than grabbing a few words. What is the point you are trying to make.

If you have a point to make, make it. I’m finding this boring and it has nothing to do with the dozens of posts in this thread where I asked people to document accusations against Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and no one was able to.

If you want to start a thread on etymology be my guest, but I started this thread to make a point about the Cohen hearings and I think it is time to get back on topic.

I read your whole statement. I made the point I intended to make.

I didn’t make the claim corporations and families are completely different, you did. It’s your rabbit warren.

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying.

I never made the claim that they were completely different that you are challenging me on, Admittedly the difference between saying things are different and completely different may be subtle, but its there.

I assume you brought up etymology as a red herring.

Except, she had nothing to do with “shutting down Amazon.” That’s tribe fear talking.

Yes she did. That’s just tribal protectionism talking.

1 Like

Perception is reality.

AOC now has much in common with Trump.

No, not a red herring.

It comes from the Latin: corporatio(n- ), from Latin corporare ‘combine in one body’

So what?

Is that why AOC frightens conservatives?

So your rabbit warren.

She doesn’t frighten me, she’s interesting.

What conservative is actually frightened by AOC? The premise is hilarious.

She is more of an embarrassment and disruptive to the democrat party than anything.

1 Like

So you agree with all those conspiracy theories? (And don’t think I didn’t notice the dig you threw at me. You need to try a little harder.)

Sorry but I dismiss anyone when they posts links to snopes. It tells me they unable to think on their own and need others to validate their confirmation bias.

And if that’s offensive report me.

1 Like