Speechwriter who attended conference with white nationalists in 2016 leaves

cnn knows what they are doing

then they leave it up to splc and other hate groups to gin up the dirty (dirtier) work

all the same thing huh?

All garbage, with the same racial outlook. I wouldn’t associate with any of those ■■■■■■■■■■ You obviously disagree.

1 Like

“all?”

is everyone who speaks at mencken thing a “white thingmajigger-ist?”

Given Beattie wrote his doctoral thesis defending an avowed Nazi, birds of a feather. Which applies in a lot of ways.

are you stretching “worthy of scholarly attention” as defending a nazi?

did you read his dissertation? or just the last paragraph of the wapo article?

you are the steaming stamped product of the media’s forge.

I’m still waiting to learn which of these groups are OK in your world. I haven’t seen you condemn any of them. Just defending and parsing.

turning the argument against the arguer already. lol

i defended no one. just questioning what no one else dares. what did he say that makes him a bigot or a “white national- (supremac-) ist” as cnn (and therefore you) suggests?

Answer the question and ill get back to you. I feel as though I already need a shower.

Attending their conferences is enough to be suspect.

you didn’t ask a question

i asked you many which you ignored hard

but not prove

Those poor white nationalist they get such a hard rap in America.

Unless you’re there on a reporting assignment, there is no reason to attend such a conference.

He didn’t just attend the conference, he was a panelist. :laughing:

But is that really, really enough? Did you personally see him because otherwise we can’t make educated guess.

Should focus more on what is truth; Clinton, pizza, and the whitey tape.

1 Like

who says?

are all presenters there each year because they spout racism?

mencken was a linguist, scholar, journalist (back when there were actual journalists) and on…

Why did the WH fire the speechwriter?

It’s a conference named after a guy who had views like this:

I admit freely enough that, by careful breeding, supervision of environment and education, extending over many generations, it might be possible to make an appreciable improvement in the stock of the American Negro, for example, but I must maintain that this enterprise would be a ridiculous waste of energy, for there is a high-caste white stock ready at hand, and it is inconceivable that the Negro stock, however carefully it might be nurtured, could ever even remotely approach it. The educated Negro of today is a failure, not because he meets insuperable difficulties in life, but because he is a Negro. He is, in brief, a low-caste man, to the manner born, and he will remain inert and inefficient until fifty generations of him have lived in civilization. And even then, the superior white race will be fifty generations ahead of him

On their About Us page, they say:

Mencken embodied what for the group are worthy ideals.

I hope sane people are finally understanding who we’re really fighting. It’s not the GOP of old. It’s the GOP which has aligned itself, and sympathizes with the alt right and even the extreme right.

Many of us said this was coming.

2 Likes