Speaker Pelosi announces Select Committee to investigate 1/6 insurrection

You don’t need a permit to protest in DC. Or anywhere, really.

Sure you are. You both said that for five years when it was convenient but your actual actions belie what you said.

You claimed you would never vote for him until he won and then claimed you did afterwards, and that was just the first step.

No. You’re trying to obfuscate.

I don’t belong to a club.

:rofl: Hardly. Quite the opposite. :flashlight:

1 Like

I claimed I voted for Trump? Quote it.

1 Like

I see we learned another new word. @zantax, when you build the algorithm…

I disagree with and therefore reject your characterization of my posts.

2 Likes

A Google search shows this…

“In sum, there is no unfettered right to protest on government property. Protests must be peaceable, and the government has the right to impose content-neutral, reasonable time, place and manner restrictions on expression. … The government must be able to carry on its own speech and expression free from interference.”

Sounds like government gets to decide when protests become unlawful - “reasonable time, place”.

Do you have any evidence they declared it unlawful BEFORE or AS they entered the Hart Building?

Sorry, but that is horse feathers. Governments do not have rights.

1 Like

Prerogative then.

Ok.

No, I learned all of these words many many years ago. They’re normal words. Nothing special. I’ve been using them on this message board for 14 or so years.

This is just more obfuscation.

Making the conversation about choice of words rather than content.

Why not?

1 Like

Was I responding to you?

2 Likes

Almost like there aren’t any good answers and this is the only tactic left.

3 Likes

So cool.

2 Likes

The Capitol was not open to the public. It was closed due to Covid-19. The only public allowed were by approved requests by a member of Congress. However on Jan. 6th it was absolutely closed to the public. Anytime a person who receives 24/7 Secret Service protection (VP Pence) enters any federal building, that building is classified as restricted and closed to the public.

I didn’t say “political”.

I said “just political”.

Trying to get to the gift shop?

2 Likes

Because it is not entitled to the power or privilege it enjoys.

Government has delegated authority by consent of the governed.

1 Like

Response stands.