Space Force dress uniform

I’m curious about something. Currently the Minuteman III ICBMs (and their future replacement we are blowing a trillion on) are operated by the Air Force.

Since these missiles technically enter “space” during their ascent phase, wouldn’t it make sense to transfer the ICBM wings over to the Space Force?

What are you offering? :stuck_out_tongue:

Organizing.

Nothing. I’m still barfing. lol

Nukes are STRATCOM, right?

I believe so. The Air Force provides the wings who operate them and the attached air bases. But ultimately STRATCOM verified and relays the codes after the decision to launch by the president. There’s also the rule of two down to the individual missile men/women in place. Technically someone could refuse to turn their key if they felt like the orders were enemy deception ops.

I’m not sure about the ballistic missile subs though. From what I’ve read they have a lot more freedom of action in those hypothetical situations.

Designing a uniform…

1 Like

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:t4:

So here’s the funny part. Someone found the sci fi inspiration for these uniforms and it’s ■■■■■■■ Babylon 5. They chose that over the most universally beloved pop culture thing among literally all dudes who are interested in outer space. It doesn’t make sense.

“Babylon 5 fails as drama, science fiction and is hopelessly derivative.” -Sheldon Cooper.

Apropos

1 Like

3 Likes

Do it right!

2 Likes

Technically, Star Trek failed as a drama. The Network pulled it after only three seasons. :wink:

Now THAT’S a uniform! :sunglasses:

1 Like

But did it? Did it really fail?

10 or so movies. Multiple T.V. spin offs, (four of which are currently in production right now), and numerous games (video, table-top, card, role playing).

In fact, the most successful sci-fi property of all time may very well be born of that “failed” series.

Amen.

Plus, that was a great character

Star Trek is the single biggest and longest lasting IP in the world period.

Plus y’know the world looks like it does because powerful nerds watched Star Trek and set out to invent what they saw.

It makes Star Wars look like a piker by comparison.

1 Like

Seven of Nine was a beast no doubt.

Of the three characters designed to give us a look at ourselves as a human in the 90s era (Seven of Nine, Odo, and Data) I think she was the best. Data and Odo are tied for second.