Soybeans pile up as china stops buying

Yeah, not even close. Talk about some companies we compete against… they fund the facility from the ground up. They fund the development of the product. They pay companies like CNOOC to buy from those companies rather than from US companies.

Look, we still manage to compete with them based off of shear quality and the critical nature of our business but it kind of sucks having to invest $3MM into a product, then watch a Chinese company copying it down to the serial number and then selling it at 1/3 of our cost, knowing that labor makes up about 20% of the total cost of the product. . .

You all just keep your head in the sand and think what’s going on is fair but some of us live it and we’re tired of calls saying “Your product failed” only to find out some clown in China sold it as if it was ours and after a failure, we send a tech out to find out it’s a copy. A crappy one at that.

Nonsense, they would exist and I’d argue they would be doing better. I do think the government needs to get the hell out of our farm industry. I think they do more harm than good.

Just to clarify… mean the Chinese government funds those companies…

Nahhhhhhh…with the increasing number of lib soyboys…so will demand.

The literal point of the article in the OP is that this isn’t happening.

If I were a farmer who planted a ton of soybeans, and then after doing so discovered that Trump was going to cut off our biggest buyer by miles and miles, I just might blow my brains out.

1 Like

I’d vote for Steve king because he knows who really caused these problems…

What does this even mean? You think soymilk is going to help these farmers? These are commodity growers, not organic farmers.

The tariffs are definitely screwing the farming industry. Glad you can see it.

Okay, I’m thinking there are a lot of mad farmers at the moment. When they read that the First Lady spent $94,000 at a hotel where she didn’t spend the night and then the market for their product is being CRUSHED by her husband (while he lives the life of luxury), they have to be pissed they voted for him. There is no way that Hillary would have hurt them like this. And now they know it and will feel the pain.

Free-market capitalism, baby. If the farmer is suffering, oh well. Their fault they can’t do something else. If they go bankrupt, just the way the ball bounces. They can sell their land for housing and get another job.

Sure as ■■■■ don’t wanna keep giving farmers welfare, do we? I mean, we’re trying to get the leaches off of the government teat.

3 Likes

Yeah, but our tax dollars got to pay for her new white hat she wore.

1 Like

Aside from going on full on alt right as demonstrated with the “soy boy” imagined insult, it’s kind of funny that because soy milk has isoflavones which could theoretically be converted to estrogen, there is no proof that that actually happens.

If you drink milk from a cow though, that for sure has estrogen produced by a mammal and would be far more feminizing. Judging be the high preponderance of moobs at a Trump rally, those are the type of people that should be chugging the soy.

5 Likes

Let China grow its own soybeans then. Funny that they haven’t been doing this all along…

We can adjust to corn or wheat.

Takes some time for the market to adjust and adjust it will.

It is splendid when the ignorant out themselves as getting their information from alt-right memes.

It’s kind of funny that you’re touting the invisible hand of the free market to solve the problems caused by…Republican tariffs.

2 Likes

Making America great again! /sarc

It’s about time we start producing soybeans in this country again. ■■■■■■■ Obama and his job killing regulations took soybean production to its lowest level in centuries. Trump is restoring freedom for all. Bless him.

It is crazy to ship agricultural products half way around the world because we are selling them too cheap.

So, your proposed solution to a problem that Trump created by increasing tariffs on a country who in turn has stopped buying our product is to switch to another foodstuff to grow.

Who is going to purchase the necessary equipment for these farmers to switch over?
Who is going to pay for the soil testing to ensure these crops will grow?
Who is going to build/renovate the proper storage facilities for these new crops?

Sounds like a lot of money needed to fix a problem the President created.