Soybeans pile up as china stops buying

Our stupid-ass president thinks you can put pressure on China and they’ll be forced to capitulate. As we can see, the flow of capital and goods continues in spite of the orange idiot. I love how Canada buys our beans cheaper and then sells theirs to China at a higher price . Global arbitrage, baby!

Yeah, no. Fighting unfair trade isn’t anti-capitalist. It’s one of the few legitimate functions of government in a free society.

1 Like

This sentence gives me the impression that you don’t understand how trade works.

5 Likes

Your understanding of how trade works sound like donald’s.

1 Like

What is “unfair trade”?

What’s unfair about it?

It’s stridently capitalist. Isn’t that always the argument from the left? But now we hear that from the right.

Yeah yeah yeah, you’re the smart one, the rest of us are just idiots… of course, I don’t like getting calls from customers that have received a unit sold to them from a company in China that is an exact replica of one of our units down to the serial number only to find out they’ve managed to copy our entire design… with the exception that theirs doesn’t work and does harm to our reputation…

Oh gee, I don’t know… the fact that their government subsidizes their companies and they do nothing about IP theft?

no worries argentina is going to start buying all those soybeans any day now…

1 Like

There is nothing capitalist about a government funding companies that steal US Intellectual Property and the government of the companies that have their IP stolen do nothing to protect them.

Because America doesn’t subsidize anything…

If a government subsidizing companies is unfair trade, then we’re already the most unfair player in the game.

1 Like

I don’t know what you’re on about, but the biggest problem with China is its cost of labor. It costs them less to produce the same or similar product, therefore in a completely open market, we’re going to purchase more of their product then they will of ours. Installing tariffs to “right this wrong” makes the market less open and is a move away from pure capitalism. I’d be curious if you’re in favor of levying tariffs on Walmart or Amazon to make the market less unfair?

I like it. Ignore the problem. Do nothing. It’ll all work out just fine.

Continue hiding under your pile of coats.

1 Like

I’m in favor of not allowing companies to subsidize their labor, then allowing them to compete with US companies as if they were playing on even ground, then taxing US companies on top of it. I want a fair playing field and just the labor isn’t the full game. Cost of transportation, cost of facilities, cost of materials, protection of IP… all of that has to weigh into the discussion. They steal our IP and we buy the resulting products as if they were competing on level ground with us…

Nonsense. What the left likes to call “subsidies” is usually things like depreciation and tax cuts. For instance, if we depreciate an oil rig over 20 years rather than 30 that a building on shore would get, we get attacked for subsidies… when in actuality, it’s fair practice as the rig doesn’t last the same as a normal piece of infrastructure due to the harsh conditions.

This bears repeating.

1 Like

Ummm…

That’s the same way China subsidizes their companies.

You do know without subsidizing the U.S farming industry wouldn’t exist.