Someone please tell me - how is a wall going to deter this

Not according to the center for immigration studies.

According to the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), the cost of illegal immigration is rising as the border surge reaches its highest level since 2011.

In a report published Wednesday, the organization said the cost to taxpayers is around $70,000 per illegal immigrant, which is about seven times more than the cost of deportation.

https://www.oann.com/each-illegal-immigrant-costs-70k-according-to-center-for-immigration-studies-report/

Thought it was odd there was no link.

.>>>>

The CIS is an anti-immigration hate group associated with white nationalists. Got another source?

Founded in 1985 by John Tanton, the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) has gone on to become the go-to think tank for the anti-immigrant movement with its reports and staffers often cited by media and anti-immigrant politicians. CISā€™s much-touted tagline is ā€œlow immigration, pro-immigrant,ā€ but the organization has a decades-long history of circulating racist writers, while also associating with white nationalists.

1 Like

See what you can find.

When quoting an article itā€™s normally good form (and I believe required by the rules) to source that quote.

Just FYIā€¦

ā€¦>>>>

Can you provide a link to support this accusation?

And it addresses the existing problem of the millions of illegal immigrants already here, which a wall does not.

Iā€™m as liberal as they come on most issues, but I see NO problem with requiring government-issued identification to work, vote, drive, etc.

Those would all be excellent supplements to a formidable wall/fence barrier. It is far easier for those mechanisms to effectively deal with illegal entries when there are far fewer to deal with.

Why?

ā€¦

Iā€™m not. But the wall is the only way to reduce the number of illegal entries and therefore, the number of illegals in custody all of which are a major drain on border security resources.

Your simplistic leftist talking points are boorish.

Again, something doesnā€™t have to be 100% effective to be worth doing.

Although Iā€™m open to shutting down all of the welfare state because it isnā€™t 100% effective (normally because thereā€™s no delegated power given the federal for it is enough for me though).

How many illegals are using ladders and drones to get over the pathetic outdated wall at San Diego?

Speaking of ladders, what about that bloke starting a go-fund-me to raise money to buy ladders to help illegal aliens?

Why do you persist on comparing illegal incursions by destitute migants seeking a better life with military invasions bent on conquering a country?

Thatā€™s not the border wall, thatā€™s the wall around Pelosiā€™s gated community. :wink:

Iā€™m sure that wall has at least had recent repainting.

You are right, but it does mean that you are opposed to 90% of it. That is the estimated effectiveness of the wall at San Diego. And it would probably be much higher there if the wall extended farther east.

The problem is in the counties of origin of the migrants. We have no authority or means to solve their problems.

Thatā€™s why they settle in Jersey.

Cash.

Allan