So why haven't the arbiters of racism denounced Darwin?

That hypothesis is fraught with its own issues.

We’re just a dream in the Mind of God?

Makes you think about what kind of a God would dream about a universe where he makes it possible for the creatures abiut which he’s dreaming to sin against him and be in danger of eternal torture.

And then it actually happens, and God makes it that all the creatures that come after inherit this capacity for no other reason than God dreamed it so.

God dreams up creatures some of whom he saves and others he does not?

Sure…it’s a possibilty…but not one that I would “celebrate”.

At any rate, the mere idea of a Simulation Hypothesis says NOTHING about what type of simulation it is, somwhy on earth should I be scared of it?

The sky is rolled up like a scroll? Wut? I know some cloud formations may look like it but that is just bizzarre.

Nope the multiverse is infinite. No God needed. Next!

Im wondering why god never dreamed up unicorns, fairies, furries, dragons, minotaurs, etc. That is something i would expect to see in a created world.

But but muh special pleading!

If you define God as the answer, God is the answer! Welp, everything needs a corn on the cob to exist, so I guess God is an eternal corn on the cob, therefore unkerneled corn on the cob is GOD COB.

1 Like

I cited two witnesses, two verses teaching this. I can cite more:

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. (Isa. 57:15 KJV)

Inhabits eternity is obvious, but also “name is Holy” implies infinitude because divine “holiness” is “separateness” from creation. Whatever creation is “like” is never “equal” to what God is like:

25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.
26 Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.
(Isa. 40:25-26 KJV)

Scripture is the impeccable unimpeachable witness to truth for it is God’s Holy Word:

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Tim. 3:16-4:1 KJV)

As everything in creation has the property of finiteness, God is unlike that, He is infinite

You’re not keeping up, that has been called in serious question.

Special pleading.

The cheese has slid off the cracker.

No, the quotes come from 3 different men writing in different languages separated by hundreds of years. So their report on the reality of God is remarkably consistent. Its consistent, most likely, because the reality of God is just as they say.

If this was the product of their own interpretation, it would be different. It is controversial, therefore the agreement “divine”. Human’s don’t agree on such controversies given such wide differences in language and time.

You said that all things are finite then give god a way out of that rule, special pleading. The bible is a cobbled together book from sources that we dont even have now. Not to mention it orders many things we would find abhorrent today, making it a very unreliable guide to morality. Genesis contains many inconsistencies internally and with regards to reality for one.

1 Like

Would you expect an unbiased source on scientific matters to have a statement of faith that requires this?In order to preserve the function and integrity of the ministry in its mission to proclaim the absolute truth and authority of Scripture and to provide a biblical role model to our employees, and to the Church, the community, and society at large, it is imperative that all persons employed by the ministry in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, should abide by and agree to our Statement of Faith, to include the statement on marriage and sexuality, and conduct themselves accordingly.

Have facts and evidence as secondary as is listed here as a requirement?
Section 1: Priorities
The scientific aspects of creation are important but are secondary in importance to the proclamation of the gospel of Jesus Christ as Sovereign, Creator, Redeemer, and Judge

And finally have this little gem?
By definition, no apparent, perceived or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the scriptural record. Of primary importance is the fact that evidence is always subject to interpretation by fallible people who do not possess all information

Incorrect, I said everything INSIDE the infinite universe is finite. God is not “inside it”. And special pleading only applies when there is no justification for the “special circumstances.” I cited three “witnesses”, so its not me applying a standard without proof.

The Bible’s text has been “verified” via archaeological digs, it reads essentially the same as it did thousands of years ago. There are more copies of the Bible distributed throughout the earth than any other book in history, its never been under the control of any one group of people.

Yet the text is the same, everywhere throughout recorded history.

Genesis does not contain inconsistencies, its your interpretation of Genesis that is inconsistent.

As for your “relative moral standards”, those are in such a state of flux its impossible to predict progressives will agree with you even 10 years from now.

The only consistent moral standard on the left is they have no moral standard. They object to everything if it can be used as a tool to gain power. But when “their side” proposes the same thing or does the “offense”, they ignore it. Leftists have no moral core, period.

Lol just like i thought, you are an AIG lackey. You followed the last little gem of their mission statement to a T. I think this amusing tirade of yours has been demolished.

If you claim to have an objective and unchanging moral standard, the onus is on the book to be consistent in EVERY teaching and the onus on you to follow it.

1 Like

Following.

“AIG lackey” am I! Cognitive Dissonance. A generated delusion to rationalize the discrepancy a believer in God has bested you intellectually. You noticed your arguments fail, so have spontaneously hallucinated a reason why that has happened, that you can accept. You certainly won’t accept your arguments are fallacious. You have built your beliefs on them and that means your beliefs are false. Can’t have that!

Hello Cognitive Dissonance.