So why do we need a wall?

The wall is THE IDEA but where the border agent heads say it’s necessary. Thank you also for recognizing our common ground.

The question to me is why won’t the administration provide a plan on how the wall money will be spent? That fact alone should make everyone question the reason for this request.

1 Like

The same reason, I give Delta 400 bucks for an airline ticket even though I have no clue how to fly the plane. I’m not a pilot. I’m not an engineer. I have no reason to come up with a design. If you don’t comprehend this answer then we should probably stop trying to make you understand. Ya gotta know when enough is enough.

If I’m not mistaken, Fat Hillary was also for a wall before she was against it.

I’ll bet that if you polled every police officer in the US they would say do away with due process and pay them $100K /year minimum… Let the border agent heads testify to congress and let’s get details…

I believe that bids for the wall have already been accepted. All of the specs would be available within the bids.

I don’t know how to fly a plane but I trust the engineers who designed it and the pilots who control it know what they are doing. There are industry standards in terms of education and construction and a long history of development and technology in aviation to reinforce my faith in them.

I have zero faith that Donald or the people enthusiastically pining for a wall understand the logistics and practicality of the project any better than I do.

What Clinton thinks of it all is irrelevant to the conversation as she has zero power to do anything about it one way or the other.

I can only guess that you thought this was coherent when you posted it?

The border agents don’t benefit financially…except in the effectiveness of doing their job.

No they care about wasting 5 billion for a 2000 mile boondoggle. If there were better specifics with clear guidelines that might help.

I have seen a few interviews with these guys. They are true patriots. If only your average congressman had the integrity of these guys.

What a terrible analogy…

It sucks that Donald Trump is holding their salaries hostage so that he can force the Democrats to allow him to build a border wall that only 25% of Americans actually want. Don’t you agree?

Why thank you! That’s because I’m a terrible person. :smiling_imp:

But you already knew that.

Great! You believe they have… Can you give me a program/project number so I can look them up? Is it an IDIQ or bid under a source selection method? Under what authority were the bids issued? It’s not typical that bids would be solicited for an unfunded project… Would love to learn how DHS circumvented typical federal procurement rules…

2 Likes

Merely pointing out that polling border patrol agents on what they think the federal government should spend money on makes about as much sense as polling climate scientists on what they think the federal government should spend money on…

1 Like

No. I heard it on a news report. But I could have been mistaken. A google search would probably yield better info than I have. I’ll have more interest if and when the funding gets through. So don’t get too excited.

LOL… Let me guess, you heard it on one of the “conservative” news channels… Your belief is incorrect… There are only prototypes built, at their own expense, by those wishing to slop and the federal trough… There have been no hearings, final designs, etc. as evidenced by the changing specifications the administration has proposed from concrete, to steel slats, to fencing to any combination of the above…

1 Like

Okay. You got me on that one Lol. I hope I can sleep tonight. Lol. Now what? Lol.

Trump voters so badly fooled:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/79573388

Speak for yourself. At no point did I ever believe that Meh-he-co would be writing a check for the wall. But I voted for him because I knew he would try like hell to get one built and Fat Hillary would not.

The Rio Grande border between Texas and Mexico is about a thousand miles long. The border wall would have to be built a least a quarter mile from the Rio Grande. Building a big border along the Rio Grande would essentially cede that quarter mile of land to Mexico and be a bit harmful to the environment there.