So what's up with the site being down so much?

Good think someone else knew (post after you asked).

I refuse to buy pretty much I-anything. I don’t own a single apple product.

Try again, Samm.

Might have to look inward here. Supposedly millions of viewers that cannot be bothered to join. If we assuming those millions are people and not bots, it’s largely the same people over and over. You would run out of unique millions of individuals pretty quickly. So something is turning them off. Or they are entertained and know better to not touch the glass.

Seems reasonable to suspect they are put off by what they see. Without a focus groups of non-registered viewers it would be difficult to pin down. Is it because the forum is over run by city libs? The posting style has subpar level of content? Concerned with the silly tit for tats type arguments? Etc? I think to much weight is given to it being a post forums social media age. That’s just handwaving to avoid necessary introspection, planning and action.

1 Like

Could be like me when I first joined the forum 2004 ish or so. I visited and read for forum for nearly a year before I finally joined. Joining a forum isn’t for everyone, but they can and do get information from them.

2004?! Gah, could be all the old fogies turning them off. We need a Cortez. Someone who doesn’t know where the beef is, doesn’t quiero Taco Bell, and would think you were trying to assault them if you walked up to them and shouted “Whaaaassssuuuuupppppp!!!”

There’s no question that if millions of people are making it a point to not join in on the discussion where they get their news from, it’s a reflection of the environment fostered here, what ever definition that may be.

15 hours ago, a poll was posted on the Sean Hannity FB page regarding the SOTU.

With 3.2 million people who have liked that page, there have been 3,900+ direct comments on that last post, along with 15,000+ reactions and 775 shares. That’s a direct reflection on the environment fostered there, what ever that definition may be.

Perhaps @Administrator would be open to user feedback on increasing traffic and improving the overall experience?

Not at all. There are lots that just don’t want to join a message board, and just like to surf and read. The true political junkies are the one’s that join.

3.2 million and say 5 grand posts. How many are unique individuals? Also remember Facebook has millions of people that have signed up for other reason.

So anyway, the leadership around here could probably make gains in setting up a way to receive user feedback. It would be the best thing to happen to this forum in a long time.

It worked today, other than having to sign in again, without me doing anything with Safari.

Anything automated will just be abused by the bad faithers.

Bring back tttm and Lee Kington. ( I can’t believe I just said that, but there it is.)

Nope. Hat tip to Lee, but the tttm was a soap opera. I’ll take a pm. You can invite your friends, (up to 30 I think.)

LK was a mod for too long and it got the better of his judgement. He did the right thing by resigning.

You are right TTTM did become a soap opera but the current perception that mods ignore questions is not good for the forum.

Perhaps when the mods close a thread in the Community Feedback section you could have a final post explaining why.

Some things are out of our control (refresh issue) and we do address it “They’re working on it, I called the man, Aunt Bee.” Afterwards, the thread devolves into a piling on of criticism for that which we have 0 control over. Sometimes, a poster will bring up a fair criticism, and before we can address it, the peanut gallery chimes in and turns the thread into TTTM 2.0. In these instances, we address the original complaint and removed the peanuts.

1 Like

Site seems to be running much more solid lately and havent had a single refresh issue

This forum lag is extremely bad today…keep timing out.

Yep, last night the lag between keyboard and text box was horrendous and today it’s like the whole site is under a DNS attack.

Someone needs to kick the server box and smack it with a monkey wrench.

I tipped my server and threw a brick at a monkey. Any better?

1 Like