So we are killing fun on here?

There is a difference conan…

Lib policies tend to drive markets down

You libs are going to ruin america…

Can you see the difference in how both come off…one is an insult and then other is not…

This isnt complicated…but it is confusing because the rules seem to change on a daily bases…what once wasnt a TOS violation is now…

1 Like

In some ways it is an upgrade, i’d say in most ways it is a downgrade in very important areas including over moderating. I mean ive been put on time outs mostly for legit reasons but my last two just baffled me. Only post ive reported was a poster with an SS symbol (totenkoph skull) as his avy.

Guess what? I lived through 8 years of “My Messiah Obama” and praying at my “Obama altar” and I just rolled with it and defended Obama, when I wanted to.

I’m sorry feelings get so hurt that all self control is lost in defense of the current president, and the reaction needs to be taking the ball and finding another home, but the peas will be consumed.

5 Likes

Add to that when someone like myself is called a lib, even though I’m well to the right of Trump on many issues, it’s just a factually inaccurate misnomer.

Personally, I usually just ignore such mistakes as I realize it is factually inaccurate, but I thought it was important to note in the context of this thread.

1 Like

So you’re comparing Obama the Messiah to you know what hostlers? Trump ■■■■■■■ and and you know what holds?

OK.

It’s curious how for 8 years this forum seemed perfectly happy to post all levels of ridiculous posts about President Obama, including a birther thread that had thousands of posts. Post about Michelle’s smelly feet. Terrorist fist bumps. Mustardgate. Feet on the desk. Tan suits. And post after post calling people who support him anti-American or unhinged or trying to destroy America. But God forbid anyone post opposition to Trump and his ways. Then all of a sudden it’s a conspiracy to destroy the forum. I’m sorry some long time “conservative” posters felt better leaving. But frankly if you can’t take the banter then perhaps a safer place is better for you.

8 Likes

Again, I see lots of Conan and you here.

As for lib, I’ve used that since I arrived here about 15 years ago.

Having to defend the president you support is hard. We did it for 8 years. I get it. But when you support someone like Trump who has such a negative rating, it is your choice.

Being in an echo chamber is easier for sure.

1 Like

Yeah pretty much all we had to deal with in the obama years… what trumpypants is dealing with is a cake walk.

1 Like

Yes.

And how many vile Moolania threads does anyone see here?

1 Like

I’m surprised many of us are still here and I’m also surprised most Republican leaning posters decided to bail, especially when their own guy is holding office.

1 Like

Which brings up the question of why so many innocuous posts are being hidden? I made a comment in a thread that it was “blindingly stupid” and it was hidden. When did criticism of threads become a bad thing? I saw your recent comment that moderation has become stricter. All well and good, but trying to completely sanitize the board doesn’t make it a better place. I’ve been here a long time and have been through a period that was much worse. I also get that you’re harder on personal attacks now, which I have no problem with. But that wasn’t a personal attack. It was direct comment on a thread. Why that? It doesn’t help your work to overthink comments like that. And mine is just a minor example. If this is a discussion board, let there be discussion is my point.

1 Like

So was that a quote from a member or an opinion piece? It sounds like an opinion piece, which are used as the basis of many threads here. And if it was, and it painted R’s as racist, that was the opinion of the writer. Which is legitimate fodder for discussion in a thread.

If, on the other hand, it’s not, it still can, and in my opinion, should be discussed. Especially given the climate created by the current president. Whether you like it or not or even agree, Trump has consistently ignited the racial flame since becoming a candidate for president. And it will be discussed everywhere else except here if you keep preventing them.

1 Like

I said my peace…what you guys do with it is up to you.

Nope. That would be a free for all. Users are encouraged to flag a post they deem inappropriate. I think where some have gotten off the rails is in forgetting that mods don’t have to agree with that flagging.

Happens on both sides and we are well aware. We try to ignore the tit for tat.

1. The climate is such that there is more venom being spewed from both sides, see my previous response to your thread deletion.

2. The mass deletions when someone responds to a violation, and someone responds to that, so on and so forth is something we can look into. The ease of deleting swaths of personal posts may have gotten the better of us. I concede, and will try to be more vigilant in the future. Would a “To those whose posts have been deleted, you quoted a violation “ message in the thread suffice?

3. has been taken care of. The trigger is higher.

2 Likes

Lol. I enjoy your game, but really? Your persona should expect a 50/50 shot at getting deleted.

Again, mass deletions. Promises of vigilance…

Probably in sports.