So we are killing fun on here?

The flagging worked. We were caught off guard. More vigilance…

That’s not what it was, but thanks for playing. I love it when you guys paraphrase your posts. They’re never what you say they were. Your post called Trump supporters racists and was only meant to troll.

That term was on the old forum, and multiple sanctions occurred. I’d rather it not be brought here.

I know it’s a pain in the ass to moderate, so I’m giving you props for this.

There are plenty of ridiculous posts about trump on the forum today. A LOT of posts/threads about Obama were deleted on the old forum. Cons were just as guilty of sailing past the line back then as libs are today.

The Michelle threads were subject to deletion at the old forum. Just like the Melania threads here.

Why do you think you’re still here while also thinking the Mods are heavily biased and out to get you?

But point stand. Messiah came into play because of Chris Matthews thrill and that one reporter saying Obama is above it all, above the world…he’s God.

That IMO is just nature ribbing…other one is outright being nasty. And thus deserves to be banned regardless who does it…specially who this forum represents.

It’s blindingly stupid to make a comment in a thread to bump it if you think said thread is blindingly stupid. Let it die.

1 Like

No it wouldn’t

You make unwarranted assumptions about people’s own self-control when you say that.

My guess is if we ran some NLP algorithms on all the posts that have ever been deleted we would fund that vast majority of them were not anywhere near as insulting as people felt they were at the time.

That’s kinda my point, though. The hyperbole doesn’t change. It’s only the target that changes. And that changes with whichever party is in power. I guess that’s why I don’t really understand the disgruntled ship-jumpers. Clinton was mocked. Bush was mocked. Obama was mocked. Trump is mocked. As were their followers. This has been debate politics for decades. Hell, centuries. So why so much thin skin lately? I know you guys are trying to keep a civil forum. I just don’t understand what’s so different about the discourse now that has suddenly made people want to leave. Anyway, just thinking out loud.

It’s a thread that was started that broad brushed republicans as racists. The racial flame has been ignited by journalists and media personalities that want ratings, IMO. But when you lump Trump in with LePage and republican supporters to make a point about racism, you’ve missed the mark. The story would have been fine if it was just about LePage and his comments.

But this is a discussion forum. I wouldn’t do that about all threads, but this one was really the pits. And saying it shouldn’t be an issue.

Trolling.

There are many threads that mention Republicans (and on the other end Democrats) in a general sense. If you’re eliminating every general comment, you’re crushing discussion. You’re inviting every general comment to be flagged. You’re not accomplishing what you’re setting out to do. And you’re making a hell of a lot of work for yourself you don’t need to do.

And I disagree the media is responsible. You’ve got people like Trump and LePage who are igniting the flames. The media is just reporting it. As they should. The media is not the enemy of the people even if our host criticizes them (and quite wrongly in my view) every night.

Another thing, we’re going to have new posters pop in from time to time who aren’t as politically savvy as, well most of you here. Treat them how you’d like to be treated if you had just arrived. I’ve seen some unholy alliances here lately with the nevertrumpers and libs. Could be an ali one day.

2 Likes

While back around Oct @LucyLou you ask why you couldn’t see my information.

That was because I was being stalked (noticed huge increase is views) and having lots of my posts flagged. That was reason for it.

I did thought it was ironic ATM when you mention it…and as you can imagine my thoughts afterwards…ahh ha. She was one of them.

1 Like

Are you referring to me? That’s not trolling.

Perhaps you meant some libs. :slight_smile:

Popping in to say a thread is stupid is the definition of trolling. Adds nothing to the discussion, except a bump.