So Trump declared a National Emergency...What precedent does this set going forward? Is Nancy Pelosi right?

Name us a single declared national emergency prior to this one that re-appropriates funds previously appropriated by the Legislative Branch. You know, so we can compare apples to apples.

This is the reason why this is such an issue. It is not that prior President’s have declared national emergencies. It is that none of them have declared a national emergency so that they can usurp the powers of the purse from Congress.

This is the height of being unconstitutional. Not a single person can ever claim to be a conservative and support this tyrannical maneuver by the Executive Branch to circumvent the Constitution as the Founders designed.

3 Likes

He is not the only one that knows @Konssurvative1 is an actual, principled conservative. One that did not sell out his principled ideology for some demagogue.

1 Like

And Altair knows this. It’s just a simple argument to throw out. I already made this point…but thanks for the back up. Now were on to questioning my conservatism…which I expected. It’s not about Trump, policy, or right or wrong…it’s about whether Konssurvative1 is really a conservative or not.

1 Like

Do you have a Supreme Court prediction?

Were talking about guys who we’re around during the unitary executive debacle. That would clue people in.

With us or against us… you guys never get tired of binary thinking.

I don’t want anyone to think I am leaving because of things said. I gotta actually go to a meeting right now. I hate meetings right after lunch…they are so…tiresome. LOL Nah. I look forward to my meeting with my boss, he’s a good guy. Principled. Be back in an hour or so.

1 Like

Yeah…This will not fly.

No it’s not. It’s about you arrogantly claiming every other conservative is not a “real” conservative because only you are a “real” conservative because you hate Trump. There are many other conservatives who do not agree with every thing Trump does but because they aren’t out spouting their “Trump hate” every other day they aren’t “real” conservatives.

Whatever makes you feel good I guess.

I see it as recognizing that the conservative skepticism agains tyrannical power grabs and abuse of power went out the window for trumpists.

He never said that

I see it as he has been saying this stuff long before Trump was around. I know it’s hard to believe but some things didn’t start when Trump was elected. :wink:

I feel your pain brother. My conservatism has been challenged here ever since I made clear my unwillingness to support Trump due to his lack of ethics, morality, and integrity. Ever since I’ve been called every derogatory name in the book by some of his supporters.

Oh well. The price we pay for being principled.

Nothing arrogant about it. I know who the other real conservatives are and that they don’t agree with Trump…I have been called a fake conservative over and over. I was just saying that I consider myself to be a real or true conservative. But if I got your dander up…Cool…at least we are talking about issues. Now what do you think about this issue of National Emergency?

Do you have an opinion on the topic of the thread? Do you support Trump’s emergency?

I wish I had your confidence.

6-3 with Roberts and Gorsuch siding with the liberal wing of the court. Gorsuch because he is the closest thing to an originalist on the bench.

That’s a wild guess though I’ll admit.

Where did he say only he was a real conservative. That is pretty arrogant to make that up and assign it to Kon.

No you are right. I started saying back in the OBAMA administration when poster’s here started mouthing every word the Right wing punditry uttered everyday between 11 am and 5 pm on your conservative radio networks across the country. I have been calling out this non conservatism since early in the OBAMA second term. Because that is when Conservatism lost it’s damn mind when he got elected for a second term. I despised OBAMA and his policies…but the ODS took over and conservatism got lost. So I have been trying to fight to keep real conservative values on the table. Take that as it is.

1 Like

Oh look…other true Scotsman chimes in.

1 Like