So, This is What 50 Years in the D.C. Swamp Gets Us? biden Should Be the Poster Boy for Term Limits

This doddering old fool has been in Washington politics longer than any other current elected leader. His family, friends and donors all seem to have benefitted tremendously during that time, but aside from that… He’s never solved a single problem facing our country and clearly makes things worse whenever he gets a little bit of say in the matter.

He’s a stumbling, mumbling disaster.

Incidentally, the U.S. National Debt was $458 Billion Dollars when biden first came to be in office in 1973.

The U.S. National Debt now stands at nearly $28.88 Trillion Dollars, with a strong push from biden to raise the ceiling way more.

I’m not laying the blame for that squarely on joe biden, but clearly, like every other problem during his 50 year tenure in D.C., he has done nothing to help fix it.

We need term limits. We need them now.

4 Likes

Been asking for them for a long time.

3 Likes

I believe that currently there are two senators per state making a total of 100 senators. I am intrigued how one senator can be blamed for all the perceived ills during his tenure given it would be one vote out of 100.

Raising term limits for members of the House of Reps and Senate raises the question whether term limits should also introduced to justices of the Supreme Court.

I support term limits.

2 Likes

No, Grassley.

1 Like

Guys pathetic, over 40 ■■■■■■■ years as a senator amassing a net worth of about 5 million dollars and at nearly 90 can’t let that power go. TERM LIMITS ANYONE!

Dianne Feinstein

1 Like

Feinstein without a doubt.

1 Like

YES I love the idea of term limits. 2 terms for Senators, 6 for Reps. I even think 18 years for SCOTUS.

Maybe age limits, too, although I’m sure that would cause a ruckus.

LOL, true. The problem is that the people we are asking to legislate it are the ones who will be out of a job.

Grassley has only been there since '75

biden since '73 (with 4 years between offices from '17-'21)

2 Likes

feinstein didn’t come to D.C. until 1993.

Yeah, but that was 28 years ago. How long are these proposed term limits? But I posted her name mostly because she has filed to run for reelection in 2024 when she’ll be 91.

I would 100% agree on term limit. 2 term max. Get out after that! I don’t care if you’re dem or gop. That’s one thing I wish was permanently added to the constitution.
Here is list of current seniority.
Senate.

House

I agree with Mitch McConnell on this - We already have term limits. They’re called elections.

2 Likes

I don’t know. I used to agree with this, but man some of these folks have been in Congress way to long. We have term limits on the President, I don’t see why not for Congress.

I’m thinking maybe 10 terms for the House, and 4 for the Senate?

No on age limits. That would be discrimination.

But term limits, for sure.

I don’t even agree with having a term limit for President, TBH. Isn’t it true that was put in place because Republicans resented the popularity of FDR ?

Reason I oppose term limits is simple - let the voters decide. Now if I’m voting and I feel a person has been in the office too long, I won’t vote for them. But I don’t feel that it’s any of my business to make that decision for others.

I’ve long advocated for age limits. You can’t run for office after 70.

1 Like

Well, happily for you Biden is term limited.

1 Like