So much for the Paris Climate Accord

A ■■■■ load. If we can access it without the enviro-weenies pitching a bitch.

4 Likes

And what size load is that? Do you know how many years we have oil reserves left at our current rate of consumption?

US or worldwide?

Worldwide.

Most sources I’ve looked at regarding current levels and current consumption is about 50 years. Not sure about theoretical projections on unknown sources.

From the articles I have read the estimates of our reserve lasting at today’s consumption rate is 47 - 57 years. This article is interesting because it breaks down what the reserves are for some of the major oil companies. And it also makes a good point. Certainly new oil reserves found will increase our time. However it may not keep up with demand. And it also points out that there sill become a time where the exploration and retrival costs will not make big oil any profits. From the article:

The amount of technically recoverable oil will probably continue to rise from year to year. Oilfield service companies continuously work to make exploration and extraction more reliable and more efficient. As for economic recoverability, this is a whole other matter. It depends on oil demand, and many believe oil demand is getting threatened by renewables—a threat that will only grow. We may well have enough oil to last us another 50 years. Whether this is time enough to wean ourselves off the fossil fuel before it runs out remains to be seen.

At least the U.S. signature is on the accord that’s the important thing. And the admin blocked a pipeline here but lifted the sanctions from Russia Russia Russia which even the Ukraine president is thinking what the ■■■■ as Russia completes there’s.

Winning

2 Likes

they said this same crap decades ago

it’s crap

1 Like

Well if you have evidence that it is crap, please bring it on.

Actually I just read something very similar to that. I would assume that in 30 to 50 years from now that crude oil is going to be rationed for specific industries like air travel as supplies potentially become more scarce. By that time potentially all the cars on roads will be electric, fuel cells, air powered and likely some still powered by bio-fuels.

Possibly, but at some point they will be right due to the fact that it’s not a renewable energy source. Then again nothing truly is. Even with green technologies the materials used to power and supply those sources will eventually be depleted as well.

2 Likes

I agree. Right now the projections for increases in electric vehicles are really low. Ford’s news of a electric F150 might be a spark in getting competition from other vehicle makers. Another kicker is now many products are made from petroleum. According to this article there are about 6000 products.

https://www.ranken-energy.com/index.php/products-made-from-petroleum/

A friend of mine who is a chemist told me that there are very large investments being made to replace natural minerals with synthetics.

Personally I like the idea of the bacon alarm. I think that if they can re-produce the smell of cooking bacon then they can do anything.

They’re inferior to ICE cars, overpriced, and toys for wealthy, city-dwelling Democrats. Until that changes, it’s a stalemate. Having lived without power for a week in Texas during -7 degree temps, you’ll never convince people like me to buy an electric vehicle of any make.

And who do you blame for what happened here in Texas?

It’s not a matter of “blame” when it comes to how unreliable electric vehicles are during a disaster. Maybe the tech will get better, but it’s nowhere near where Democrats think it is.

2 Likes

Even your posted article has workarounds for cold weather. One of the required things though is having power. Which we didn’t have here in Texas back in February. If we did have power then those folks who owned electric vehicles might have been in a better situation. Either way, you mentioned the power failure here in Texas. And in response I asked the question. Do you wish to answer?

Who or what is the international community wanting a weaker USA?

that’s easy. all - ALL such predictions in previous decades turned out to be nonsense

still plenty of coal, gas, oil… and it’s all still cheap, relatively

100 years from now the same kind of predictions will still be going on

1 Like

true nothing lasts forever. but there’s still enormous supply of it.

the greenie weenie lefty bullcrap doom predictions have going on since i was a kid

we were supposed to run out of coal by 2000 etc

same is true in all the climate change predictions, which since the first “earth day” have been hilariously wrong. all the way

1 Like