So...Does the Democratic Party Hate White people? (CRT)

ok well i’ll never agree that banning racism is racism but i exist in reality.

bhm? black history month?

that’s comically reductive and untrue

again, at Gettysburg all the gory details are taught, shown, highlighted, on display, etc

nothing is being hidden

Yes. Black History Month.

Should it be banned?

i dont know about “banned”. every month should be black history month far as im concerned in that we should always be celebrating all that we achieved

but as an actual progressive, we should strive to move beyond focusing on particular “races” and just be one people, together as one race.

no more “black studies” “affirmative action” etc

everyone is equal to everyone else already

2 Likes

Not banned. Just not official.

2 Likes

I agree with this.

I disagree with this. But I understand.

i’m not surprised. i’m way “ahead of my time” on this

As I’ve occasionally said when folks say Cultural Marxism is some unimportant obscure academic nothingsauce: if the influences of Cultural Marxism were suddenly subtracted from their lives as if it had never been they might not even recognize themselves.

1 Like

To the above I will add this: it doesn’t matter what people may think they are doing or what they say they are doing: once they’ve proverbially sprinkled this grated cow pad (critical theory anything) on their spaghetti like it was cheese I’m not coming over / staying for dinner.

1 Like

Not quite.

You can’t advocate for the conservative “banning” of the conservative distortion of CRT and still believe that black history should be a year long event.

How do you teach black history, without explaining why you need to teach about black history? (Oppression, inequality etc)

The logical conclusion to the current target of the conservative culture war is that black history cannot be taught. You can’t divorce MLK from his message on inequality and race based oppression.

Not all white people. Only conservative white males.

from where i sit it’s not a distortion. if others want a more precise history then they can advocate for that. that isnt CRT.

i didnt say “event” just something we understand as citizens of an amazing country, in all it accomplished, reflecting on it all we want all the time. we won the “war” against all this in this awful period and now everyone has the rights granted by the constitution. we should move on. but never forget

i think we should just remember and teach history. Everything that happened no matter how good or bad will be included by default.

i as a progressive (perhaps idealistic) individual propose we follow what MLK wanted:

“I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.“

see? - looks beyond race. how novel huh?

“ I have a dream that one day… the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.”

Not exactly what CRT is highlighting right? Picking every aspect of society apart through the lens of race… demands for reparations

My my… just imagine if mlk could see how the pseudo-intellectual perpetual victim left has wholly bastardized his dream

how sad

1 Like

A more precise history is EXACTLY what CRT advocates for. This can only be said by someone who distorts what CRT seeks to uncover.

I agree. But how do you teach about black history without talking about WHY we need to teach about black history?

This is another conservative distortion. MLK advocated for race based programs to help black people. Every single speech included something about black plight. Every single speech pointed to white people as the oppressors (either directly or indirectly).

Do you know MLK beyond one line in his “I have a dream” speech?

MLK wanted reparations.

See above.

Amazing.

Remember…today’s right only knows one line of one MLK speech.

1 Like

No.

CRT is not a continuation of CRM.

“If a man is called…”

Shame everybody doesn’t adhere to it.

Martin Luther King Jr. also said that whites would support any civil rights measure so long as it didn’t cost them anything.

Do you agree with that part of his message?

Would you agree to teaching what actually went on during Reconstruction?

That glorious 12 year period where more blacks served in government posts than maybe ever?

And advocated and got things done like improvements in Southern infrastructure, improvements in public education and improvements in health care?

Or shall we learn about Reconstruction as it was taught after the Lost Cause Narrative took hold following the Hayes/Tilden sellout?

1 Like

Interest convergence.

Oh you betcha. Probably cause another civil war.

:rofl::+1:t3:

So you prefer the Lost Cause interpretation of Reconstruction I see.