Snowflake Ben Shapiro gets triggered by right-wing British journalist

YES! :grin: Now you’re getting it! :wink:

Big problem with that logic: Shapiro himself created that divide in his argument to a conservative Brit. Shapiro assumed that Neil was a liberal Brit, not a conservative Brit.

1 Like

He doesn’t seem to be able to back up his positions and then gets angry on being asked questions on his position.Neil isn’t even an aggressive interviewer compared to some on the BBC,like you say,he didn’t do his homework and made himself look pathetic.

After watching the interview I have to disagree with the way TYT were framing what happened. This unknown hack of a British ‘journalist’ owes Ben Shapiro an apology for the way he conducted himself. Every single question he posed to Shapiro was a gotcha question. If the interviewer was trying to be fair he would have stuck to fawning questions about the book. If I was Shapiro I would have walked out of the interview the minute the bias started seeping through in the questions. Frankly, this looks bad on the entire UK. They should be ashamed to support this man by allowing him a country to live in.

3 Likes

Well, according to Ben Shapiro, he’s very well known.

I don’t think that the way the questions was framed “determined him to be a leftist and nothing more”-the problem was that Shapiro does what he does best-when he senses a point he can dwell on and hammer really hard, he just beats the poor horse to death, and that’s what happened here. I don’t have a problem saying that the interviewer was clearly posting the query in a provocative way-but then Ben acted in a way that would have gotten him a time out or silence here. He “attacked the poster and not the post.” Plays the victim. Big lib media is out to get you. Blah blah blah.

Now, if he were told that this was going to be a book tour interview and then they came at him like this-I would say that’s unfair, but Ben sorta chest thumps a lot, so he shouldn’t be surprised when things like this happen.

If Shapiro didn’t wallow so deeply in this petulant political culture himself, then it might be a little easier to feel like he was treated unfairly.

Conservative British Party

I looked up Conservative Party of Britian. Wiki labels them as a centre-right party.

Was Margaret Thatcher a conservative or a liberal? How about Winston Churchhill?

Ok. Here you are being a scheople. Baa.

2 Likes

Shapiro did seem to say that it was unfair to use Shapiro’s own comments in the questions.

How do you reckon Shapiro would have gone if he had been interviewed by Kay Burley?

Looks like you fell for it too…:rofl:

That’s correct. I reviewed the interview again, and Neil doesn’t provide a liberal framing. Neil himself told him that he was playing devil’s advocate and was asking to respond to the criticism.

1 Like

At least Shapiro, after actually doing some research, apologized…don’t think we’ll see that here…we know who keeps digging…

1 Like

No, it was not. He was trying to challenge him on his positions and respond to criticisms, as he mapped out in the interview. Shapiro’s argument was not “these are logic fallacies”, it was about creating diversions and trying to turn the table on the interviewer. He was not in the business of answering his questions.

1 Like

And yet again we have someone on these boards waltzing into a thread, doesn’t have the slightest idea what he’s talking about, and yet can’t wait to show off his ignorance.

This phenomenon is fascinating to me.

6 Likes

In your long thread you basically confirmed the point that he expected a typical American RW softball interview…but that’s not how it’s done in the UK…and he failed…miserably.

1 Like

Not well at all

Its the way tv political journalism works here,interviewers usually take a contrarian position and people have to explain their views,From what I have seen your tv is similar in that regard.

Anyone who is honest understands the people of the world are not bifurcated into one of two philosophical groups where if you don’t have purity of belief on every single issue you’re immediately on the opposite end of the spectrum.

1 Like

Especially in Europe and the UK who are a bunch of global warming nut-jobs, that’s the mark of a liberal for sure!!

So in sum, what you are saying is Ben Shapiro is not really an excellent debater but can only perform well when he’s meticulously prepared and is aware of everything that’s going to be thrown at him.

Thanks for your honesty.

1 Like

And player number two rushes in to do the same thing player number one does.

So many people that are absolutely sure they KNOW something.

Dunning Kruger on a massive scale…

1 Like