Snow in L.A and records in the Mountains

LA is getting snow for the first time in decades.

"Snow fell in Malibu, Pasadena, West Hollywood, Northridge, San Bernardino, Thousand Oaks and other unexpected places.

Snow level hit the 1,000-foot mark, bringing tiny bits of the white stuff into neighborhoods that had not seen snow in decades. "

Oh, Look Flagstaff has record snow…
https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/flagstaff-arizona-sets-all-time-snow-record-as-major-snowstorm-slams-southwestern-us/70007498

Minneapolis endures snowiest February on record, with blizzard possible this weekend

February snowfall records fall at Truckee-Tahoe resorts

So, Chilly…

Lots of frost by the Cal coast…

Lake Tahoe shatters cold record…

"RENO, Nev. — Record-cold weather followed the latest snowstorm into the Sierra, where the overnight low dropped to minus 13 degrees (minus 25 degrees Celsius) at South Lake Tahoe, California.

The National Weather Service says the new record low set early Tuesday along the Nevada-California line smashed the previous record of minus 8 degrees (minus 22 C) for the date set in 1990."

So,Chilly in Hawaii?

I ate lunch today, thus global hunger doesn’t exist.

5 Likes

I see someone still doesn’t understand the difference between weather and climate

1 Like

Year 2000…

" According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit of the University of East Anglia, within a few years winter snowfall will become “a very rare and exciting event”. Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he said."

1 Like

Climate is effected by the suns output…

Then why have the last 4 years been the hottest on record while entering a period of decreased solar activity.

" The past four years – 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 – are the four warmest years since records began in 1850."

Because they change the data…

LOL
10fails

1 Like

The hottest years were in the 30’s…

" Record cold streak: Palm Springs goes 88 days without temperature hitting 80 degrees"

“But this winter has been relentless. Week after week, temperatures have been dipping to 50 below zero. Siberians are accustomed to the cold, but they were completely unprepared for temperatures this low.”

Record Cold Continues in Siberia

You’re still confusing weather with climate

““For perhaps the first time ever, snow has fallen in a Hawai’i State Park. Polipoli State Park on Maui is blanketed with snow. It could be the lowest elevant snow ever recorded in the state. Polipoli is at 6,200 feet elevation,” the DLNR said.”

https://tucson.com/lifestyles/simplemost/a-winter-storm-caused-it-to-snow-in-hawaii/article_02945dd1-2a96-5abc-b2a5-0003e66efa9f.html

Phoenix, AZ today had their coldest high temperature for this date today at 47 degrees.
While it has been very cold in California, Nevada and Arizona the last couple of weeks, this does not disprove Global warming.
Australia recently had their hottest January on record. And January of this year was the 4th warmest January on record globally.

Speaking of snow, here in New Jersey i’m getting record breaking overtime for snow removal that hasn’t actually shown up. I’m mostly salting or on standby. 10k a month is great for snow that stays away. Hopefully March will be just as generous. But I have a feeling we’ll have to actually work for it this month.

Record cold memorial day in Az…

https://gcmaz.com/many-cities-set-new-record-cold-highs-monday-in-northern-arizona/

Odd calling record cold “Highs”…

Grand solar minimum?

“It’s hard to believe, as we go through this Memorial Day weekend, but more snow is headed to the mountains of Utah and Colorado. Winter weather alerts are in effect in both states.”

It has been a cooler than average spring for California, Nevada and Arizona. But NOAA came out stating that California, Nevada and Arizona is going to have a hotter than average summer.