Siege of Kyiv is about to start

I’m not a big fan of the loophole we can bomb hospital because the rebel are using them to hide defence.

Glad we could agree.

1 Like

no matter how many times you claim it, its just not true.

ukraine had no way of being admitted to nato and putin not only knew it, but controlled it. his nato propaganda excuse is just that.

1 Like

Yes, Kyiv is likely to face a long pounding by Russian artillery before Russian troops enter the city center.

That has been a preferred Russian approach to urban warfare going back to the Second World War.

1 Like

I suspect the Russian economy will collapse before they take Kyiv.

I would hate to be a Ukrainian teenager on the front line around Kyiv after three days of military training.

Hopefully there will be a cease fire. Unfortunately, I expect that Zelensky will be assassinated by the fascist ultranationalists if he agrees to end the bloodshed.

A battle for the Kyiv is likely to result in tens of thousands of deaths. Deaths of Ukrainians and Russians seem to be of little importance to the leaders in Washington. They appear to be willing to fight to the last Ukrainian in order to kill as many Russians as possible.

1 Like

with money pouring in from the eu and china? not likely

That would be nice. But I think it’s too much to hope for. On the other hand, the resistance is very likely going to continue beyond the fall of Kyiv so the economic collapse is still a strong possibility.

Yes, the last guerrilla war in western Ukraine resulted in over 100,000 Ukrainian deaths.

Elements in Washington appear to be salivating over their profits for a repeat.

China isn’t a ride or die friend of Russia.
they will cut them loose the second the partnership become negative to their bottom line.

Sadly, there isn’t much we can do about that without risking a lot more casualties in the entire region and possibly here at home.

as if it will. lol, niether brandon nor the eu will do what they should to make it so.

I know so no matter how many times you deny it.

A negotiated settlement is an option.

Putin clearly wants a land connection between Russia and Crimea through Russian-speaking territory in eastern Ukraine.

I see nothing of strategic value for Russia in western Ukraine. The only reason Putin is likely to go there to crush militant neo-Nazi extremists who are supported by Washington.

Is supporting neo-Nazi ultranationalists the hill to die on for the US government?

Realize that similar groups would be immediately subject to pre-dawn FBI SWAT team raids and pre-trial detention if they were operating in the US.

if you believe that crap from russia, then tell us:

1. how was ukraine going to gain admittance to nato in contravention of nato rules for admittance given their is no waiver process and no exception to the rules?
  2. since russia had at minimum 50% control of the conditions ukraine had to meet before they could be admitted, how could ukraine ever meet them without russian agreement?
  3. If you believe by some miracle the first two could be overcome, how was ukraine going to gain the vote of all nato countries given 1/2 of them are dependent on russian oil and gas?

Keep up those Kremlin talking points.

2 Likes

This seems promising:

I’m trying to imagine a US president asking a rival to provide basic sustenance for American troops. Seems kind of weak and pathetic.

2 Likes

Laughing are Republicans saying russia would mop the floor with woke western military a few months ago

They can’t help it.

Neo Nazis in Ukraine, while indeed, they do exist (primarily in the south and southeast, not the west) are nothing more than another Putin strawman excuse. The so-called Azov Battalion represents no more than 2% of electoral support, so the idea that the government of Ukraine is a Nazi regime is ludicrous. This invasion has nothing to do with NATO, the EU, or Nazis … it’s purely about Putin wanting to take back former USSR territory.

2 Likes