Siege of Kyiv is about to start

They may get ready to setup in Lviv, but I highly doubt Zelensky is going anywhere.

All true.

Doesn’t mean Russian forces will succeed.

All on the line for everyone.

And just who would replace him as the motivational leader? Words said in the heat of emotion are just that.

They have the Ukrainians outmatched. And they conduct war by their rules, not the marqius of queensbury rules.

1 Like

Who is “you guys”?

Argue with my position… not what you assume it to be.

1 Like

You realize we are arguing over a supposed report from Interfax-Ukraine, and which is their equivalent to the Gateway Pundit.

There’s been no evidence that Kireev actually was executed.

Defensive anti air weapons and anti tank weapons. Anything less is assisting attempted suicide.
As has been said before, jet aircraft is different in that it could be used to attack Russia and also would lure Russian planes to,attack Westerm Ukraine where the bases would be.
Expanding the war in area increases nuclear risk.

1 Like

Where are Ukraine’s remaining fighter jets being kept? Why hasn’t Russia destroyed them?

He is an idiot.

1 Like

The Russian’s will inherit a rubble pile. What good will it do them? Hopefully, they have found themselves another Afghanistan…

1 Like

Why haven’t those jets destroyed the convoy that’s been lined up for days now?

As was mentioned, probably operating out of western Ukraine bases where they can be fueled, armed and maintained. One report indicated (and no I don’t have a link handy) that the UAF is flying multiple sorties per day. Not having total air superiority over the invasion area and with a limited number of aircraft means they have to very careful in their use.

Lack of air superiority over the convey. The UAF only had about 34 ground attack aircraft (SU-24 Fencers and SU-25 Frogfoots). How many remain is anyone’s guess. Some are saying that Russia had deployed 300 combat aircraft to the region.

In addition the Russian’s would have IL-76 Mainstay’s (their version of the E-3 AWACS) providing radar coverage and command and control functions. Something the UAF doesn’t have which means they are effectively blind for over the horizon information. The Mainstay can (IIRC) track aircraft out to about 400 miles meaning they never have to enter airspace where the UAF can even reach them.

Ukrainian forces are using MANPADS (highly mobile shoulder fired anti-aircraft) to keep the Russian Air Force from total low level domination in conjunctions with very mobile anti-tank weapons. Instead of having to setup fixed stations that can then be bombed. MANPADS and mobile anti-tank weapons provide for “fire-n-move” tactics.

WW

2 Likes

It was not yesterday but the day before that Ukraine said their air force was able to do 10 sorties against ground targets and another ten as anti air sorties where they launched 9 air to air missiles against Russian aircraft but they didn’t know the results yet. But that Russia was doing 200 sorties a day. Which fits with how the numbers stacked up in the beginning. The fact that as of a couple days ago they still had a reported 56 of their combat aircraft still flying is nothing short of miraculous. Most analysts thought they would all be taken out on the first day.

Good post, I will add that until the last day or so on FlightTracker both US and NATO E8’s have been orbiting near the border. My guess is they were squaking to let Russia know we were watching. Haven’t checked yet today.

Just checked, there is a NATO Elint bird orbiting maybe 100 miles off of the border across from Lviv.

Thanks. I was an operator in E-2’s, ES-3’s and EP-3’s in my Navy Career.

WW

1 Like

News coverage of wars distorts the truth. Yes, there is a lot being destroyed into rubble, but the vast majority of the country is and will remain, unscathed.

I can’t say why they aren’t being used against the convoys, but they are being kept somewhere relatively safe or they would be gone. I would presume that additional aircraft would be too.

News from Kyiv is taking on a Battle-of-Berlin feel. Boys are being sent to the front lines with virtually no training:

Most of them were in their late teens, not long out of school. They told me that after three days’ basic training they would head for the front line - or very close to it.

Night after night after night we are witnessing death and destruction in Ukraine…and now Kyiv is basically surrounded. It’s only a matter of time for those calls of intervention.

Make no mistakes, EU and NATO played a big part in all this.

5 Likes

I wonder what the condition of Burisma facilities are.

Would Russia spare them to use themselves? Looks like that strategy is no longer an option

1 Like