Show me the data!

Then they need to stop the inconsistency. If they are saying that being vaccinated may or may not keep you from spreading the virus then they also need to say everyone should be vaccinated because that may or may not give herd immunity.
Tired of having facts altered in a way to manipulate people.

1 Like

No difference. The “expert:” said at first not to wear masks.

2 Likes

Then move to New Zealand.

1 Like

I already gave the answer.

They do not yet know how much virus an immunized person would be shedding if they got infected.

Not knowing and taking precautions until it is known is still an option in this world.

No. That is not an answer to this:

Then they need to stop the inconsistency. If they are saying that being vaccinated may or may not keep you from spreading the virus then they also need to say everyone should be vaccinated because that may or may not give herd immunity.
Tired of having facts altered in a way to manipulate people.

It is words, but does not explain the inconsistency. They do not tell people to get vaccinated because it may or may not create herd immunity.

“We need to have some humility here,” Fauci told the New York Times here. “We really don’t know what the real number is. I think the real range is somewhere between 70 to 90 percent. But, I’m not going to say 90 percent.”

I don’t see anything about: maybe the vaccine won’t provide herd immunity.

WHO webpage:

“To safely achieve herd immunity against COVID-19, a substantial proportion of a population would need to be vaccinated, lowering the overall amount of virus able to spread in the whole population. One of the aims with working towards herd immunity is to keep vulnerable groups who cannot get vaccinated (e.g. due to health conditions like allergic reactions to the vaccine) safe and protected from the disease. Read our Q&A on vaccines and immunization for more information.

None of the experts are saying, when it comes to herd immunity, that it may not be achievable through the vaccine. None…at least none I can find.

Vaccines do not always offer sterilizing immunity, which is what you are talking about here.

Many times they offer effective immunity, meaning the person won’t get serious illness, but can still spread it.

Measles, for example…the vaccine provides sterilizing immunity. Hepatitis B vaccine does not provide sterilizing immunity. Neither does whooping cough vaccine.

There’s evidence COVID vaccines might produce sterilizing immunity, but the jury is out.

Even if they don’t, we can still curb COVID by making the virus that still circulates only cause mild disease, with vaccination.

But until enough people are vaccinated, we probably shouldn’t let down our guard.

Hence the recommendations not to let down our guard yet.

Ok. Then it depends on their getting infected. But they are claiming 95% effectiveness. So they want people to continue with the masks indefinitely because there is a very tiny chance that they may be able to catch and spread the virus even though there is a reduction in the chance they could get it by 95%
Ok…no. That is like having everybody wear masks forever due to flu.

95% Effective immunity does NOT mean a person only stands a 5% chance of getting infected.

It means that person only stands a 5% chance of getting symptoms.

This is what the vaccine trials tested for.

There’s a difference.

And you know something? It wouldn’t be such a bad idea if people wore masks during flu season. In many countries, they do this.

No one has said to wear the masks indefinitely.

People need to stop being drama queens.

I’m going to wear a mask if I even have a little sniffle. Maybe on planes as well

1 Like

Remember the days when you would get sick and go into work anyway and cough over everything?

That was wild.

1 Like

They are risk adverse. They are terrified of the political ramifications of another surge, even if it doesn’t bring the fatalities.

They are “allowing” things after people are already doing them and they see it didn’t cause an outbreak with death.

Jbiden says we are allowed to bbq for a small group in the backyard in July. Who isn’t doing it already?

They are pretending they still have the consent of the governed.

1 Like

You will be wearing a mask in 5 years if you follow their recommendations.

Doubtful.

No doubt at all.

Waiting until you get your numbers on New Zealand correct.

New Zealand
26 deaths
2,422 cases
5 new cases today

Now what?

Hawaii
449 deaths
28,145 cases

I misread the Hawaii and Vermont total cases. Ok, Hawaii had 11 times more cases and 17 times more deaths.

It wasn’t the New Zealand numbers I had wrong.

Hawaii and Vermont did it wrong? How?

What did the Virgin Islands do right?

Teach me to do math on a phone switching tabs.

Anyway, comparing New Zealand to the US is ridiculous.