Should we stop funding the WHO?

Fund Doctors without Borders and other reputable agencies to do it.

It depends. Did Trump said that the US should stop funding WHO?

Do it then. Set them up to replace existing WHO services before defunding the WHO.

That’s a good idea. However, I think there needs to be oversight and audits each year to make sure any funds go where they are meant to.

Giving out a blank check (WHO) doesn’t quite work for me.

The WHO didn’t do that. They didn’t think it could be done, as a matter of fact.

It took a guy with a fresh approach (creating many of the ideas that we use today, such as isolation/contact tracing/reporting) to get that done.

He actually had to drag the WHO along kicking and screaming.

They are part of the UN so of course we should defunded since they have demonstrated they can’t be trusted and not just by the United States but the rest of the world. They pandered to China and while they lied people died around the globe!

No. International law is a good thing.

International law is a good thing. But with the U.N, it depends on who is violating that law. Any organisation who believes that Israel is a bigger threat than Iran is worthless.

3 Likes

Nothing. Why do we need a replacement?

You say that as if the WHO has actually done anything. What good are they? Who have they saved?

If the alternative is nothing, then no, the WHO should not be defunded.

Doctors Without Borders isn’t too bad.

The WHO isn’t very good at what it does.

In my opinion.

Matching the funding level of China is the MOST we should offer until China makes full economic reparations around the globe.

:world_map:

1 Like

That’ll show China!

“Clean up your act or I’m not buying any cookies from the Girl Scouts this year!”.

:rofl:

My expectations from China are minimal.

:world_map:

And organization which isn’t afraid to call Taiwan a country

2 Likes

Taiwan has proven that they are the Asian partner we can trust.

:taiwan:

Nope. We should always defund garbage. Alternative to what? What exactly are they doing that we need to fund?

So you understand your suggestion was ridiculous then.

Good.

I agree on both counts. Drs. without borders are heroic. They put their asses on the line every day. The WHO is made up of do-nothing political pundits. We already have an abundance of them.

1 Like