Should the government support gay conversion therapy?

A lesbian and gay man expressed their concerns that gay kids are being unfairly labeled as trans and are targeted for gender reassignment therapy.

If you doubt that gender reassignment surgery is a form gay conversion therapy, consider this article from Iran where gays and lesbians are being pressured into surgery.

The Biden administration continues to push for hormones and surgery for kids who are labeled trans.

Are the policies of the US and Iran converging?

1 Like

Oh look, the trans dude in the Kid Sniffer cabinet wants children sexually altered, and he calls it “empowering” them.

:person_shrugging:

8 Likes

Castration/neutering is the first step in trans treatments. Homosexuals have long been targeted for castration.

Turing was prosecuted in 1952 for homosexual acts. He accepted hormone treatment with DES, a procedure commonly referred to as chemical castration, as an alternative to prison. Turing died on 7 June 1954, 16 days before his 42nd birthday, from cyanide poisoning. An inquest determined his death as a suicide, but it has been noted that the known evidence is also consistent with accidental poisoning. Alan Turing - Wikipedia

. . . homosexuals were subject to severe pressure and coercion to agree to castration. There was no age limit; some boys as young as 16 were castrated.
Persecution of homosexuals in Nazi Germany - Wikipedia

History may not repeat, but it does rhyme.

Absolutely not true. Especially in children.

What do you think “hormone blockers” are? They are a form of chemical castration.

What do you think “gender affirming surgery” means? Castration is a necessary step.

See the Maher video starting at 2:35.
“It is okay to be a man and not stereotypically male.”

Ah…but had I not objected, you would have been happy to let it look like they were cutting testicles off kids.

Which they aren’t.

But even still, hormone blocking and replacement isn’t the first step either.

Getting hair plugs? Breast augmentation? Calf implants?

2 Likes

Puberty blockers are a form of chemical castration. In California, children in foster care as young as 12 can be given gender-related treatments that include surgery without parental consent.

. . . Foster youth who are 12 years of age or older have established rights to privately seek and consent to outpatient mental health counseling and treatment, including pursuant to Section 6924 of the Family Code and Section 124260 of the Health and Safety Code.
(h) Depending on a foster youth’s custody situation, a foster youth’s parent, social worker, licensed caregiver, judge, or the youth may give consent for the foster youth’s medical, surgical, dental, or other remedial care . . .

(A) “Gender affirming health care” means medically necessary health care that respects the gender identity of the patient, as experienced and defined by the patient, and may include, but is not limited to, the following:
(i) Interventions to suppress the development of endogenous secondary sex characteristics.
(ii) Interventions to align the patient’s appearance or physical body with the patient’s gender identity.
(iii) Interventions to alleviate symptoms of clinically significant distress resulting from gender dysphoria, as defined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition.
Bill Text - AB-2119 Foster care: gender affirming health care and mental health care.

Most children in foster care don’t have parents. How do you get parental consent when you don’t have any?

Well, I will agreecwith you that 12 feels too young. My understanding was at least 16 years

Or the state removes the children from their parents for not affirming the state-approved gender.

1 Like

In children?

Is that a huge problem? Or manufactured crises?

It is entirely consistent with the law in California. It is already going on in the UK.

I see. Manufactured crises it is. Remind me again as to when Australia was made a state

Crisis? No.

State Sponsored Child Abuse? Yes.

The claim I addressed is not happening. It is manufactured poutrage

As long as it’s not in your back yard yet it’s, O.K.?

I seem to remember when the issue was Gay Marriage and the Left said all they wanted was to marry who they loved, nothing more. Talk of influence on children was called conspiracy theories.

We allowed the camel’s nose in the tent and look where we are.

It is going on in the US as well.

. . .he and his wife had checked their 16-year-old son into Seattle Children’s Hospital for credible threats of suicide. Now, Ahmed was worried that the white coats who had gently admitted his son to their care would refuse to return him.

“They sent an email to us, you know, ‘you should take your ‘daughter’ to the gender clinic,’” he told me.

At first, Ahmed (I have changed names in this essay to protect the identities of minor children) assumed there had been a mistake. He had dropped off a son, Syed, to the hospital, in a terrible state of distress. Now, the email he received from the mental health experts used a new name for that son and claimed he was Ahmed’s daughter. “They were trying to create a customer for their gender clinic . . . and they seemed to absolutely want to push us in that direction . . . The age at which minors in the State of Washington can receive mental health and gender-affirming care without parental permission is 13. In other words, the emails Ahmed received from the hospital were effectively a courtesy; the hospital did not require Ahmed’s permission to begin his son on a path to medical transition.
When the State Comes for Your Kids | City Journal

Australia isn’t in anyone’s neck of the woods. What they do on their country in none of my concern