Should parties that honor slaveholders as founders be stricken from the ballots?

The Democratic Party has long celebrated Jefferson-Jackson Day dinners to honor its slave-holding founders. For example here is a photo from a dinner with Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi:

https://www.zimbio.com/photos/Hillary+Clinton/Nancy+Pelosi/Candidates+Attend+Iowa+Democratic+Party+Jefferson/idZ0fLh11Kb

Should the party that honors these slaveholders be removed from the ballots?

Similarly should the Franklin Roosevelt memorial be removed since his administration was responsible for a nationwide program to impose racial segregation in housing using the Federal Housing Administration?

Former KKK leader and Democratic Senate leader Robert Byrd has a long list of place names and monuments memorializing him. Should they be changed?

2 Likes

Silwy wabbit…that’s libdifferent…and…Byrd evolved. :sunglasses:

Yes, he dropped the sheets, but he continued to use the n-word in a public interview as a senate leader in 2001. Biden said Byrd was a close friend and a great leader.

Is the current push to remove confederate statues really a way of distracting from modern examples of “systemic racism” from the Democratic Party?

So you want to eliminate the democratic and republican parties. I’ll go along with that.

Don’t forget Woodrow Wilson.

1 Like

The corresponding celebration for Republicans is the Lincoln Day dinner; Lincoln fought to end slavery.

Perhaps Biden could nominate Governor Northam for Vice President to confirm Democrat “inclusiveness”?

My point is that Democrats are very good at the “pot calling the kettle black(face)”.

Yes. Wilson certainly had racist policies.

The Washington Beltway includes the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Time to change that name?

Time to remove everything Obama for his racist past with Rev. Wrights church of hate.

Had had more than racist policies, he was racist to the bone in his personal life as well. Heck, he screened Birth of a Nation at the White House and is quoted in that movie as well. Check it out

Shouldn’t Hillary return this award.

No he didn’t, he fought to keep the US intact

No they should just tear the bridge down. :wink:

Good point in Hillary accepting the Woodrow Wilson Award.

Her husband was a Rhode’s Scholar. Is anyone familiar with the history of Cecil Rhodes?

Hint: The British colony and white supremist state, Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe), was named after him. The Rhode’s Scholarship was only available to white male applicants back in Bill Clinton’s day.

Sounds like institutional racism to me.

1 Like

A house divided against itself, cannot stand.

I believe this government cannot endure permanently half slave and half free.

I do not expect the Union to be dissolved — I do not expect the house to fall — but I do expect it will cease to be divided.

It will become all one thing or all the other.

Either the opponents of slavery will arrest the further spread of it, and place it where the public mind shall rest in the belief that it is in the course of ultimate extinction; or its advocates will push it forward, till it shall become lawful in all the States, old as well as new — North as well as South.

–Abraham Lincoln 1858

Which proves my point.

There are many racists from both sides of the aisle in our history. This entire argument is absolutely retarded.

“Last night, I tell you, to watch that thing on television as I did,” Reagan said. “To see those monkeys from those African countries – damn them, they’re still uncomfortable wearing shoes.”

1 Like

No he didn’t. Lincoln fought to end secession. He couldn’t have given a ■■■■ less about slavery. If he did, he would have been an abolitionist. He wasn’t.

When it boils down to it, the civil war was about what most wars are about. Money (resources) and power (control).

Talking out of both sides of his mouth, just like every other politician. :roll_eyes:

Ultimately perhaps, but slavery cannot be taken from the equation.

Oh no the South totally fought to keep the institution intact. I’m just saying it wasn’t truly the motivation for the North. Not really. It sounded a lot better and more noble than crushing the rebellion though, which is funny considering the Country was literally born out of rebellion to begin with. History is written by those in power. If the British had won the war for Independence, any of the surviving Founders would have been hung in the public square while Benedict Arnold would be a hero. And then we wonder why our own government, that’s supposed to represent us, consistently sells us out to the highest bidder. Treason, it’s in our blood.