Should injuries from employer-mandated vaccinations be considered work-related injuries?

The COVID death rates have gone to almost nothing. The number of deaths from vaccines is greater than from COVID at this point. The Delta variant appears to be evolving into a natural vaccination. The risk of vaccinated people dying from exposure from a unvaccinated is virtually zero.

Biden Mandates All Federal Workers Must Be Vaccinated… Except Postal Workers | ZeroHedge

If the vaccinations are so safe, then the government should remove the liability exemptions for manufacturers and employers immediately. Actions speak louder than words.

No one should force you into getting vaccinated, but companies should be able to fire anyone who doesn’t. Problem solved

I agree so long as the employers are also liable for vaccination injuries.

No, this is incorrect. The employer is only liable if the employee caused the accident, driving from one customer to the next.

This just isn’t how liability works.

The point is that the worker is not liable.

The same should be true for employer-mandated vaccinations. If someone suffers permanent heart damage or nerve damage that is related to the vaccine, they employer should be liable.

That’s not the point of respondeat superior. You’ve got it backwards. It doesn’t absolve the employee of liability.

If Bob the UPS guy hits me with his truck, I could sue him - but if he was working at the time, I could also sue UPS instead, and they’ve almost certainly got deeper pockets. It doesn’t work as a defense.

To put it another way - if Warren Buffett decided to start working for UPS tomorrow, and hit me with a truck on the job, I could absolutely sue him instead of UPS.

1 Like

Employers are liable for work-related injuries. Injuries from an employer-mandated vaccine should qualify.

The reports that the Biden Administration has been quietly changing the rules to screw workers should raise giant red flags.

Eh, yes and no. Workman’s Comp is complicated.

What “reports?”

See the Townhall link in the OP. They apparently changed the policy back in May.

OSHA reporting rules have nothing to do with liability.

Counter-counter point:

Either the vaccine works or it doesn’t. If it works, you are not at risk from unvaccinated co-workers. If it doesn’t work why require it in the first place.

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned, this is a non-issue looking for conflict.

If you get sick, you get sick days. Long-term gets disability coverage. MANDATED by the company? A good company wouldn’t fight against calling it a work-related illness.

Just my opinion.

1 Like

C’mon man. No vaccination is 100% effective and you know it. The idea is to vaccinate enough people to inhibit the spread

I think it was @Jezcoe who pointed out in another thread that the measles vaccination is 93 to 97% effective, but we don’t see 3 to 7% of the population affected by measles because almost everybody is vaccinated

1 Like

Ok. Then why mask?

…to prevent the spread. Look, I hate masking as much as the next guy, but I hate the pandemic even more, and am willing to endure this minor inconvenience to help make it go away.

1 Like