Should federal income tax returns be public?

No. My income is my business. Nobody needs to know my business. I don’t agree with the premise that if we have one bad law we are obligated to make other similar bad laws.

As soon as the audit is over, he plans to release them. :sunglasses:

Unless Adam Schiff releases them first.

I don’t think he can release them.

1 Like

Sure he could. Who is going to stop him?

If President Trump should release his tax returns then EVERY Government employee should be required to do so! After all, they are ALL OUR employees.

Government employee salaries are already public information.

Yep. My money, my business. We’ve already given up enough of our privacy - a lot of it unwillingly.

Their salaries, yes, but NOT their Tax Returns! So if President Trump should be required to release HIS Tax Returns ALL Government employees should be required to do so!

This has been done in Norway without serious problem, it’s actually had the benefit of helping income equity.

Congratulations for Norway. If anyone in the U.S. wants to make their returns public, then they are free to do so. I choose not to. It’s about freedom of choice.

Not really how it works. But standard low level response when you don’t understand.

Damn dude, you’re really pissed about this tax return thing. You’re gonna have to figure out how to handle it. Cuz it ain’t happening. Sorry bout yur luck. :grin:

Would that include my name and address, social security number, bank account information, etc? All in the name of income equality?

No. :roll_eyes:

Seems like you’re the pissed off one. You’ll get over it. :wink:

Where in the law he would use does it authorize congress to publicly release any tax returns to the public? Any congress critter that does so, should be subject to the law and appropriate penalties.

Does Norway have a constitution with similar protections of privacy as the United States Constitution?

Logically rules would be similar those for public records for real estate transactions, assessments, and government salaries.

Identification would normally be limited to name and address.

Not really on point.

Sure it is.

Does Norway have the same constitutional protection to privacy as the United States?

Simple yes or no questoin.